The HoneyBook Contact Form is a widget that can be installed on your company website, allowing you to pose a series of questions to potential clients and collect the information in your HoneyBook account. It can also be easily distributed via a direct link, with no embedding necessary! In either case, incoming requests will automatically populate as Inquiries in your Project Pipeline, to ensure no lead is left behind.
Your Contact Form look a little different than this? Check out this article instead!
In this article, we’ll review:
- The elements of Contact Forms
- Creating your Contact Form
- Formatting and embedding / distributing your Contact Form
The elements of Contact Forms
Your Contact Forms are made up of questions, used to request information from your leads via several different question types.
Suggested vs. Custom Questions
Suggested questions are those that HoneyBook recommends gathering answers for, such as your client’s name and contact info, their project type and date, etc. Adding suggested questions ensures that answers will automatically populate into the Project Details fields of the Inquiry that gets created.
Custom questions are just that—yours to customize! You can request any information within the question formats we provide, and the answers will be tracked in the Inquiry submissions (visible within the Activity Feed of the Project that gets created, as well as in the Inquiry alert email the selected recipient will receive as soon as the form is submitted). Answers to custom questions will not automatically populate in any Project Details fields, however.
You’ll have the option of adding questions in the following formats:
- Short text: short answer
- Long text: longer text answer
- Dropdown: a dropdown menu with your predetermined answer options
- Single choice: a list of your predetermined answer options, allowing for one selection
- Multiple choice: a list of your predetermined answer options, allowing for multiple selections
- Date picker: a calendar pop-out, allowing a date selection
Creating your Contact Form
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Contact Form from the menu.
HoneyBook Tip: You’re also able to access your Contact Form by selecting Tools > Templates > Contact Form.
3. You can work off of the default form we provide, or create your own by clicking the Options button, selecting the Contact Forms tab, then selecting Add Contact Form.
4. In either case, name your Contact Form by clicking the title in the top left corner.
5. Now, you can edit or remove any pre-populated questions by clicking on a question itself, selecting the text to edit, or clicking the trash can icon to delete.
PLEASE NOTE: Email Address and Full Name fields can be edited, but not deleted.
Some questions will note that they are connected to specific fields; when these are filled out by your leads, the answers will automatically populate into the Project Details fields of the Inquiry that gets created. You can determine which questions are connected to which fields by hovering over a question, then hovering over the Linked icon.
6. Add additional questions by hovering over an existing question and clicking the Plus (+) button that appears.
7. Select the question type.
8. Enter the text of your question, and if necessary, the answer options (as in drop-down menu questions, multiple choice questions, etc.)
HoneyBook Tip: Click the gear icon that appears when you hover over a question to toggle whether or not the question is required.
9. To continue adding questions, hover over an existing question again and click the Plus (+) button that appears. Repeat as necessary!
HoneyBook Tip: Rearrange the order of questions by hovering over the content you’d like to move, and using the 6-dot icon that appears to drag and drop the content into a different order.
Formatting and embedding or distributing your Contact Form
1. Click the Options button to open your file drawer. Here, you can:
- Change the font style, font color, and field border color for your form.
- Select the Inquiry recipient (the team member to whom incoming Inquiries will be sent. This team member will also become the Project owner for this Inquiry).
- Select a default thank you message to appear upon submission, or input a redirect link.
- Copy a direct link to your Contact Form for easy access, any time: open immediately for clients to use at trade shows, paste into emails, distribute on social media, and more!
2. To preview how your form will look to your clients, click the Preview button.
3. When you’re ready to embed your Contact Form, click Publish.
4. Click Copy Code to copy the code snippet to your clipboard—you’ll paste this code later, when you’re embedding it into your website!
HoneyBook Tip: You can also click Open Link to open your Contact Form right from here (great for in-person bookings!), or click Copy Link Address to copy a direct link, making it simple to share on your social channels or send right to your clients. You can do this in addition to—or instead of—embedding the code on your website. Whatever suits your business!
5. Now, you can embed the code right into your website. Here's how to do that for a variety of sites.
Once you've added the Contact Form to your website, check out Workflows to automate some processes even further!
PLEASE NOTE: If you update this Contact Form in the future, just click the Publish Changes button in the banner that appears once you make edits. This will automatically push the changes to your website—no need to re-embed! You can also click Undo to revert the most recent round of edits.
Your Contact Form look a little different than this? Your account may be using a different version of our forms: check out this article instead!
Want to learn more?
- How many Contact Forms can I use?
- Deleting a Contact Form
- Can I use Contact Forms on different websites with different URLs?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!