Once you’ve customized your Contact Form to your heart’s content, you’ll want to put that baby to work right away—so what happens if you don’t have a website on which you can embed the code (or, you know, just don’t feel like dealing with that)?
Sometimes, the simplest answer is the best—just share a link!
Your Contact Form Direct Link is exactly that: a link that leads directly to your Contact Form, with no embedding required at all. Once you distribute the link, anyone who clicks will simply pop open a new tab in their browser, immediately displaying your fully-customized Contact Form. Then, they can fill in their answers and submit the form back to you, just as they would if it were embedded on your site.
In this article, we'll review:
How do I find my Direct Link?
Just head to your Contact Form builder!
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Contact Form from the menu.
3. Make sure you're in the editor screen for the form you'd like to share. If not, select the Form icon from your sidebar and find your Contact Form of choice.
4. Once you're looking at the correct form, select the Menu icon to slide open your sidebar.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to have published your Contact Form in order to proceed to the next step. If you haven't published yet, just click the Publish button in the top right corner to do so. Then, you can return to your sidebar.
5. Under Get a Direct Link, click the Copy icon to copy the link to your clipboard (then distribute using some of the ideas below!), or the Open Link icon to open a new tab containing your form.
How do I share my Direct Link?
Once you have the URL copied, the sky's the limit! You can include a link to your form in whatever avenues you use to interact with clients. Remember—you can share this link in addition to embedding the form on your website, but there's no embedding required if you'd rather only use the link!
Here are a few ways our members successfully share their Direct Links:
- Have a website, but don’t want to deal with embedding code? Just use a simple button or another hyperlink to direct leads to the Direct Link version of your form.
- Got a big following on Facebook? Share the link on your Facebook Business page.
- Maybe you’re an Instagram star? Link in bio with Linktree!
- At a trade show, conference, or just generally out and about? Pop the link open yourself, from any device, and have your leads fill it out on the spot.
- Big fan of digital marketing materials? Throw it in those!
- And, since emails are a forever favorite, you can always link to your form in marketing sends, in your email signature, and more.
Remember, form submissions via your Direct Link will function exactly as those via an embedded form would: they’ll still automatically create new Projects in the Inquiry stage of your HoneyBook Project Pipeline, and these Projects will include all the information your lead filled out in their form. Then, you can easily follow up in the Project to get the ball rolling—or save even more time with an auto-reply, thanks to Workflows!
Want to learn more?
- Customizing your Contact Form
- How many Contact Forms can I use?
- Deleting a Contact Form
- Can I use Contact Forms on different websites with different URLs?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!