Content blocks are key pieces of smart files—they allow you to add and design any combination of text, question, image, video, and divider elements. Use these blocks to share a bit about yourself and your company, ask your client key questions, showcase your previous work—the sky’s the limit!
Add a content block
1. First, find or create the page where you’d like the block to go.
HoneyBook Tip: If you’re adding a new page, you can pull in an existing page containing a content block using reusable pages!
2. Click the large Plus (+) button to add a new block.
3. From here, select how you'd like to get started.
You can select an individual content element:
Layouts: Pre-set combinations of content elements to start from
4. In the right sidebar, select Reuse a content block from a template; or select a layout, then get started building out your block by jumping to step 1 in the next section.
HoneyBook Tip: The layouts that appear in the right sidebar are tailored to your selection from step 3 (text layouts for Text, question layouts for Question, and so on). You can try a few different layouts by selecting from the layout gallery while it’s still open; once you’ve clicked the block to start editing, though, you won’t be able to switch to another! (Don’t worry—you can always delete the block you added and try again with a new layout.)
If you'd prefer, you can also just click into your new block to get started customizing it immediately (step 1 in the next section)!
5. If you’ve chosen to reuse a content block, select an existing smart file template from the right sidebar to pull in one of its content blocks.
HoneyBook Tip: All of your templates containing blocks with your selection from Step 3 (text, question, image, and so on) will appear in this list.
Customize your content block
1. Once you’ve added your content block, you can further customize the content by:
Clicking an image element to add a photo from your library, or upload something new
Clicking a question element to add the question itself, adjust the question format, and add placeholder text
Clicking a text element to add text (and highlight any text to format)
Clicking a video element to embed a video
Adding more content to the block by hovering over an element, and clicking the Plus (+) button above or below it
2. You can always customize the design of any content block by clicking the block container (outside of the boxes that hold the elements), which will open your block settings. Then:
Select a background color
Adjust the background color opacity
Select a background image from your Library, or upload a new one
Customize the content width (S, M, L, or 100%)
Adjust the column spacing by using the scroll bar
Change the top & bottom padding (S, M, L, or Custom)
Remember that you can also:
Reuse blocks and pages between smart file templates
Add more content to the block by hovering over an element, and clicking the Plus (+) button above or below it
Copy & paste elements or blocks by clicking to highlight the area, then using the Command-C/Command-V (Mac) or Control-C/Control-V (PC) commands to copy and paste
Rearrange or delete any element by clicking the element itself to display the move or trash can icons
Rearrange or delete entire blocks by clicking the block container (outside of the boxes that hold the elements) to display the move or trash can icons for the block
Add background colors, images, or further customize the formatting of the block by clicking the block container (outside of the boxes that hold the elements)
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!