Every Project in your Pipeline is unique and wonderful in its own way, but it can definitely be tough to keep track of every single detail. That’s why HoneyBook allows you to create Questionnaires—sets of questions you can send your clients to gather more information—to streamline the process of collecting Project details. And, fortunately, it's something you can do right through the HoneyBook iOS and Android mobile apps!
iOS & Android: Sending a Questionnaire
1. Find or create the Project that requires a Questionnaire, as Questionnaires need to be associated with an existing Project.
- Find a Project: search via the search icon at the top of your app's Home screen (Pipeline view), or locate the Project from the Project List in your Pipeline.
- Create a Project: learn how here.
2. Once in the Project, you can tap Send File or Message from the Details or Files tabs, or tap the message box in the Activity tab. This will open the email editor.
3. Tap the Attach (paper clip) icon.
4. Select Questionnaire.
5. Tap Start from blank to create a new Questionnaire, or choose a drafted Questionnaire, recently-sent Questionnaire, or Questionnaire Template you'd like to start with.
6. Now, build or edit the file as necessary! To edit existing questions, simply tap on the question field. Then, you can:
- Edit the text of the question
- Edit the placeholder answer text or edit the question's answer options
- Check the box to indicate whether the question is required to answer
- Tap the trash can icon to remove the question
7. To add a new question, tap Add question or section. If there are existing questions in the file already, scroll to the bottom to find this button. When adding, you can:
- Add questions with a variety of formats: text, radio buttons, checkboxes, etc.
- Add sections for additional static text, or to collect Project information.
HoneyBook Tip: Using the Collect Project Information section will add a set questions that align with the Project Details, and will automatically sync the answers to those fields within the Project.
Once added, you can tap any question to edit, or delete by tapping the trash can icon.
8. Make sure the file's settings are correct by tapping the 3-dot icon, then Edit cover. From there, you can edit:
- The file name
- The file's cover image
- The logo that appears in the file
- How your name appears in the file
- How your company name appears in the file
If you make any changes, make sure to tap Save when you're done!
HoneyBook Tip: You can also preview how your client will see the file by tapping View as Client.
9. When you're ready, tap Attach.
10. Enter the email message that will accompany your Questionnaire, or tap the Templates dropdown at the top of the screen to choose from any email Templates you've already added to your account.
11. Tap Send when you're ready! HoneyBook will send the email and Questionnaire right to your client.
When your client receives the file and answers the questions you’ve posed, they’ll be able to click Submit.
Once they submit, you'll receive a notification in your Notification Center, as a push notification (if you have the app downloaded, and push notifications turned on), and within the Activity Feed of the Project. You can review their answers through the submitted Questionnaire file itself, and any questions added with the Collect Project Information option will also populate into the respective Project Details fields.
Want to learn more?
- HoneyBook mobile app help
- Creating a Questionnaire Template
- Creating and sending a Questionnaire via desktop
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!