Every file in HoneyBook is sent out with an accompanying email, and we know that writing the same few sentences over and over can get tiresome real quick. Since we're big on time-savers, we allow you to create re-useable email Templates, which you can then insert into any communication with just a few clicks.
PLEASE NOTE: Creating email Templates in your Templates section will save them for you to use in future communications, like when you're sending a file and emailing through the activity feed, but you will not see an option to send the email directly from the Templates section.
To create an email Template:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Templates from the menu.
3. Select Email from the list of Template options on the left side of the screen.
4. You can work off of any example Template provided, or start from scratch by clicking the tab on the left side of the screen to open the File Drawer, then clicking Add Template.
5. Create your Template! From the email edit screen, you can:
- Edit the Template name
- Change the email subject line
- Add a dynamic field for your client's first name *
- Edit the content of the email
- Format the text with bolding, underlining, etc.
- Hyperlink text
- Add your email signature
All changes will save automatically, so you're good to go whenever you're finished with your edits—and you can now use your Template whenever you're sending an email.
* PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, Client First Name is the only dynamic field available for emails.
Also, you are currently not able to include attachments within email Templates. You can always add them individually when you're sending the email off, though!
HoneyBook Tip: You can choose from your email Templates any time you're sending a file and emailing through the activity feed, but you can also use them in your Workflows for even more time-saving benefits!
Want to learn more?
- Video Tutorial: Sending an email through HoneyBook
- What other Templates can I save?
- How do I send a file?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!