Every file in HoneyBook is sent out with an accompanying email, and we know that writing the same few sentences over and over can get tiresome real quick. Since we're big on time-savers, we allow you to create reusable email templates, which you can then insert into any communication with just a few clicks.
To create an email template:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu > My Templates.
2. Select Emails from the list of template options on the left side of the screen.
3. Here, you’ll see any email templates you’ve already created, as well as example templates we’ve provided. You can choose to work off of any of these, or start from scratch by clicking Create New and selecting Email.
4. Create your template! From the email edit screen, you can:
Edit the template name
Change the email the subject line
Format your email to your liking
Insert a link
Add your email signature
Add a dynamic field for your client's first name
first client first name is the only smart field available for emails. The field will populate with the first client participant's first name after the message is sent.
6. Finally, if you'd like to add an attachment (e.g. a PDF, an image, etc.) to this email template, simply click the paper clip icon in the tool bar. Then, you can choose a file or image from your Library, or upload something brand new!
All changes will save automatically, so you're good to go whenever you're finished with your edits—and you can now use your template whenever you're sending an email through a project's activity feed, creating an automation, or setting up another automated email.
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!