HoneyBook’s Scheduling tool is an extension of your (already very useful) HoneyBook Calendar, enabling you to schedule meetings 2x faster than normal.
Instead of an endless back-and-forth of "when are you free?" emails with clients, all you need to do is set your availability and share a link to your calendar. Then, clients can simply pick a meeting time that works for them from your real-time availability (you can even sync with your Google Calendar, to make sure all availability is taken into account!), as you sit back and watch the meetings roll in. And since meetings allow you to truly showcase your brand (read: YOU!), you can easily book up to 40% more business when you have those meetings in place.
Though the Scheduling tool does empower your clients and leads to book their own meetings, allowing you to predetermine you availability means you still have ultimate control of your calendar. In fact, you can create any number of calendar Session Types—various kinds of meetings—each with its own set of details, like durations, availability windows, and more, ensuring that you always know when (and for how long) those folks on the outside can book you.
You can even use theses Session Types internally, when scheduling your own meetings; they make it easy to quickly book time with clients or leads without the need to recreate the wheel each time you set up those ever-so-similar discovery calls or Skype sessions!
In this article, we’ll review:
How does it work?
Step 1: Create your Session Types
Create your Session Types based on common meetings you might schedule. These can be things that are specific to your business, like discovery sessions that always run 45 minutes, or, they can be more general, like 15-minute calls vs. 30-minute calls.
Each Session Type will have its own set of details to customize, including:
- Duration of the session
- How the session will take place: in-person vs. phone call, for example
- Session availability: the days & times you have open for that particular Session Type. (Make sure you've set the correct time zone for your business in your Company Settings, so all times show correctly!)
- Session instructions: clarifying any remaining details for your invitees
You can create as many Session Types as you need!
Step 2: Share your Session Link
From your Scheduling dashboard, you’ll copy the Session Link for the Session Type you. That way, you'll ensure that people can only book you for the Session Type that's most relevant to them and where they are in the process.
Once the link is copied, you can quickly share with leads or clients via email, or even post publicly!
Step 3: Let your leads and clients do the rest!
When someone clicks your Session Link, they’ll be taken to a calendar with your real-time availability. This calendar takes into account both the predetermined available hours you defined when creating the Session Type, as well as events that are already booked in your calendar. You can even sync with your Google Calendar, to make sure any events that you've added there are taken into account as well!
So, for example, if you’d set the availability for a 30-minute Consult Call to be 9:00-11:00am on Tuesdays, but you’ve already scheduled a call from 9:00-9:30 this week, your client would only see times between 9:30-11:00am this Tuesday as selectable options. You can learn more about the client experience here!
When your client has filled in all the requested information and confirmed their appointment, the session will automatically be added to your calendar and you'll receive an email notification to make sure you’re in the loop! Your client will have the option to add the session to their calendar as well, making sure everyone stays organized.
To find your Scheduling dashboard, head to your HoneyBook Calendar, then toggle to the Scheduling view!
When should I use the Session Types & Scheduling?
As with any tool, this varies from business to business—but we do have a few ideas!
Create Session Types for any type of meeting, session, or event you might schedule regularly, and that generally has similar attributes.
For example, if you're a photographer, you might create the following Session Types with these details:
- 15 minutes
- Phone call
- Available to be booked Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 1:00pm
- 1 hour
- Available to be booked Monday - Friday, 1:00pm - 6:00pm
- 3 hours
- Available to be booked Saturday - Sunday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Then, depending on the Session Type and who you want to schedule, you might:
- Include a link to schedule a discovery call on your website or social channels
- Create and distribute a Contact Form, then set up a Workflow to automatically email incoming leads a link to set up the discovery call or private consultation
- Include a link to schedule a private consultation in your Brochure, allowing you to showcase your work, list your pricing, and book a meeting all at once
- Simply email your clients a link to schedule an engagement shoot, once you've qualified them
Learn more about Scheduling and the HoneyBook Calendar!
- Understanding & creating Session Types
- Video Tutorial: Creating Session Types
- Sharing your Session Links
- Scheduling and managing Sessions with clients
- Your clients’ experience with scheduling a Session
- Understanding and managing your HoneyBook Calendar
- Syncing your Google Calendar to HoneyBook
Want to learn more?
- Creating and sending a Brochure via desktop
- What your clients experience when you send a Brochure
- Reviewing your clients' Brochure selections
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!