HoneyBook’s Scheduling tool is designed to help you stop the email ping pong and schedule meetings with leads and clients faster. With Scheduling, you’ll create custom Session Types, predetermining things like meeting length, instructions, and availability. Then, your leads and clients can simply pick a time — from your real-time availability and within the hours you define, that also works for them — via a Session Link you share with them. You can even sync with your Google Calendar, to make sure all availability is taken into account!
Every Session Type will have a unique Session Link, so you can share them in different places; and, of course, how best to share will vary from business to business!
In this article, we'll review:
How to find and copy your Session Link(s)
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Calendar.
3. Toggle to the Scheduling view. Here, you'll see any Session Types you've already created.
4. Locate the Session Type you'd like to share and click the link icon.
This will copy the link to your clipboard, so you're ready to start sharing! If you'd like to preview your client's view of the Session Link before you share, just click the eye icon instead.
Sharing a Session Link via a Project's Activity Feed
Sharing a Session Link through an email in a Project's Activity Feed is a great, quick way to get a meeting set up with a client you've already started communicating with!
When you send a link this way, the meeting will automatically be associated with this specific Project, and your client will be able to skip the step of entering their contact information when scheduling (since you'll already have that in the Project)!
To send a Session Link via a Project's Activity Feed:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the Project in which you'd like to share a Session Link.
You can search for a specific Project via the search icon, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
Need to create a new Project for a client? Learn how here.
2. Once in the Project's Workspace, make sure you're in the Activity tab.
3. Follow the steps to create a message in your Activity Feed.
4. To add a Session Link to your message, click the Insert Session Link icon.
5. Select the Session Type you'd like to share.
6. Add the display text that will direct to your Session Link.
7. Click Insert.
8. Send your email when you're ready!
Adding a Session Link to an email Template
Adding a Session Link to an Email Template (or different links to different Templates!) just makes life easier. Instead of needing to craft a new email each time you need to send your link, just set it up once and quickly insert it into communications whenever you need!
And even better, you can use those email Templates in your automated Workflows to save even more time — which we'll look at in the next section!
To add a Session Link to an email Template:
1. Follow the steps to create a new email Template and add the language you need.
2. Place your cursor wherever you'd like to add your Session Link, and click the Insert Link button in your formatting toolbar.
3. Enter your display text (the text that will be hyperlinked), and copy your Session Link into the Link field.
4. Click Insert.
Now, you can quickly send this Session Link out by selecting this Template when emailing a client through a Project's Activity Feed, or add this Template to your automated Workflows!
Adding a Session Link to an email in a Workflow
Workflows allow you to automate tasks in your Project's lifecycle, automatically sending out emails or certain file types at the cadence of your choice. You can also set up a Workflow that responds to an Inquiry coming in via your Contact Form — a perfect time and place to share a link to your availability!
To add a Session Link to a Workflow:
1. Follow the steps above to add a Session Link to an email Template.
HoneyBook Tip: Make sure the language of this email Template makes sense for when you'd like it to be sent; for example, if your Workflow will send this email immediately after someone submits an Inquiry via the Contact Form, word the email Template as though you were responding directly to a potential new client!
2. Create your Workflow, making sure to select the email Template that includes your Session Link in one of the Workflow steps.
3. Build the rest of your Workflow out as necessary — it can have multiple steps, or just one! — and click Save when you're finished.
Other places to share your Session Links
Add it directly to one of your HoneyBook Brochures (you can add links in Content Blocks!) so your leads can see your work and schedule time with you in one fell swoop
Include it in your email footer or signature, both inside of HoneyBook and out!
Include a link to schedule a intro call — a discovery call, a consult, etc. — directly on your website
Share your link on your Facebook Business page, in your Instagram bio, or on other social channels for maximum visibility
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!