We know your time is valuable. That’s why HoneyBook makes it easy to manage your precious minutes with our Calendar tool, which can show you Project dates, meetings, and upcoming payments. It can even integrate with your Google Calendar or Zoom Account to keep all your events and meetings in one place!
In this article, we’ll review:
- What’s visible in your calendar
- Scheduling a new calendar event from the calendar or a Project
- Editing a scheduled calendar event
To get to your calendar, click Tools, then Calendar.
What’s visible in your calendar
Once you’re in your HoneyBook Calendar tool, by default, you’ll be able to see everything that’s going on in your HoneyBook account, such as:
- Booked Projects (Projects have a signed Contract/Proposal, or that have received at least one payment)
- Scheduled meetings (whether or not they’re associated with Projects)
- Tentative Projects (Projects that are not yet “booked”)
- Your team’s Projects
- Upcoming payments
PLEASE NOTE: Projects that don’t yet have dates associated will not show up in your calendar! Make sure to add your event dates/Project due dates, when available, by editing the Projects’ details.
You can choose to toggle the visibility of things like booked Projects, tentative Projects, meetings, or payments — as well as HoneyBook team members' calendars and your integrated Google calendars — on or off by clicking the calendar names in the left-side menu.
Clicking a calendar event, whether it's a meeting, Project, or payment, will display more details about that particular event, and allow you to pop right over to the associated Project or payment. Or, if you've clicked a calendar event you've scheduled yourself, you will see more details about the event and can edit or delete it.
If you’ve integrated your Google Calendar, you’ll also see any events that have been scheduled there push right to your HoneyBook Calendar (if you have your settings set up to do so). To double check the integration settings, click the Gear icon that appears when you hover over the Google header in the left sidebar.
Scheduling a new calendar event
Calendar events can be associated with Projects, in which case you’ll also be able to see the event (and any subsequent scheduling updates) noted in the Activity Feed of the Project. However, your calendar events can also be scheduled independent of a Project!
To schedule a new calendar event from within your calendar:
1. From your HoneyBook Calendar, find and click the day on which you’d like to schedule a calendar event.
2. Select Create a Meeting.
3. Enter the details of your meeting, such as the title (eg: Check-in call with Alan; Gallery Walkthrough; etc.), start and end times, meeting type, and description.
4. If you've selected a meeting type that allows you to enter more information (in person, phone call, or video call), enter any additional info that you have.
- In person: allows you to add a physical address. Clicking/tapping an address on your computer or mobile device will open the location in your device's maps app, so you can easily get directions to the meeting.
- Phone call: allows you to add a contact phone number. Clicking/tapping the phone number on your computer or mobile device will allow you to call, text, or start a FaceTime, depending on the device you're using.
- Video call: allows you to choose between Google Hangout, Zoom Meeting or "Other" to link to the video chat. You can either paste a custom link into the link field or use the auto-generated link that pops up. Clicking the video chat link will open the video chat on your device.
HoneyBook Tip: need to access/start a meeting from your mobile app? Here's how!
5. If you’d like to associate this calendar event with a Project, you can either:
- Create a brand new Project by typing the new Project name into the Project field and clicking Add Project
- Find an existing Project by typing the Project name into the Project field
5. When you’re ready, click Schedule!
To schedule a new calendar event from within a Project:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the Project for which you'd like to schedule a meeting.
- You can search for a specific Project via the search icon, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
2. Once in the Project Workspace, click the Schedule button.
3. Select Meeting to schedule a calendar event related to this Project.
- HoneyBook Tip: If you'd rather check out your full schedule first, select Go to calendar instead! Then, just proceed with the instructions above to schedule an event from your calendar.
4. Enter the details of your meeting, such as the title (eg: Check-in call with Alan; Gallery Walkthrough; etc.), start and end times, meeting type, and description.
5. When you’re ready, click Schedule!
You should now see a notification in this Project's Activity Feed for the new meeting, and, of course, it will be added to your full calendar!
And remember, your clients can schedule meetings with YOU, too! Just create a few Session Types from the Scheduling tab in your calendar, Session Types allow you to create the framework for various kinds of meetings, sessions, or events you might schedule regularly — things like intro calls, check-ins, mini-sessions, design consultations, business coaching calls, and more.
With each Session Type, all you need to do is set the details and your availability and share a link to your calendar with anyone who might want to book time with you. Then, clients can simply pick a meeting time that works for them from your real-time availability — and the meeting magically appears on your calendar!
Editing a scheduled calendar event
To edit or delete a scheduled calendar event:
1. Locate the event in your calendar, and click to open the details.
- HoneyBook Tip: If you associated the calendar event with a Project, clicking the link in the Meeting Scheduled Activity Feed notification will take you to the correct day on your calendar as well.
2. To delete the calendar event, simply click Delete. To edit the details, click Edit.
3. Make any necessary changes and click Update.
Want to learn more?
- Syncing your Google Calendar to HoneyBook
- Syncing your Zoom Account to HoneyBook
- Accessing your HoneyBook Calendar via mobile app
- Creating and accessing meetings via mobile app
- Adding a new Project
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!