We know your time is valuable. That’s why HoneyBook makes it easy to manage your precious minutes with our Calendar tool, which can show you project dates, meetings, and upcoming payments. It can even integrate with your external calendar (Google, Outlook, or iCloud) or Zoom Account to keep all your events and meetings in one place!
1. To get to your Calendar, click Tools, then Calendar.
What’s visible in your calendar
Once you’re in your HoneyBook Calendar tool, by default, you’ll be able to see everything that’s going on in your HoneyBook account, such as:
Booked projects (projects that have a signed contract, or that have received at least one payment)
Scheduled meetings (whether or not they’re associated with projects)
Tentative projects (projects that are not yet “booked”)
Your team’s projects
You can choose to toggle the visibility of things like tentative projects or payments—as well as HoneyBook team members' calendars and your integrated calendars—on or off by clicking the calendar names in the left-side menu.
Clicking a calendar event, whether it's a meeting, project, or payment, will display more details about that particular event, and allow you to pop right over to the associated project or payment. Or, if you've clicked a calendar event you've scheduled yourself, you will see more details about the event and can edit or delete it.
If you’ve integrated your external calendar, you’ll also see any events that have been scheduled there push right to your HoneyBook Calendar (if you have your settings set up to do so). To double check the integration settings, click the gear icon that appears when you hover over the calendar header in the left sidebar.
Scheduling a new calendar event
Calendar events can be associated with projects, in which case you’ll also be able to see the event (and any subsequent scheduling updates) noted in the activity feed of the project. However, your calendar events can also be scheduled independent of a project!
Schedule a new calendar event from within your calendar
1. From your HoneyBook Calendar, find and click the day on which you’d like to schedule a calendar event.
2. Select Create a Meeting.
3. Enter the details of your meeting, such as the title (eg: Check-in call with Alan; Gallery Walkthrough; etc.), start and end times, meeting type, and description.
4. If you've selected a meeting type that allows you to enter more information (in person, phone call, or video call), enter any additional info that you have.
In person: allows you to add a physical address. Clicking/tapping an address on your computer or mobile device will open the location in your device's maps app, so you can easily get directions to the meeting.
Phone call: allows you to add a contact phone number. Clicking/tapping the phone number on your computer or mobile device will allow you to call, text, or start a FaceTime, depending on the device you're using.
5. If you’d like to associate this calendar event with a project, you can either:
Create a brand new project by typing the new project name into the Project field and clicking Add project
Find an existing project by typing the project name into the Project field
5. When you’re ready, click Schedule!
Running into issues with time zone consistency? Check out some troubleshooting tips here!
Schedule a new calendar event from within a project
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the project for which you'd like to schedule a meeting.
You can search for a specific project via the search icon, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of projects.
2. Once in the project workspace, click the Schedule button.
3. Select Meeting to schedule a calendar event related to this project.
4. Enter the details of your meeting, such as the title (eg: Check-in call with Alan; Gallery Walkthrough; etc.), start and end times, meeting type, and description.
5. When you’re ready, click Schedule!
You should now see a notification in this project's activity feed for the new meeting, and, of course, it will be added to your full calendar!
And remember, your clients can schedule meetings with YOU, too! Just create a few session types from the Scheduler tab in your Calendar. Session types allow you to create the framework for various kinds of meetings, sessions, or events you might schedule regularly—things like intro calls, check-ins, mini-sessions, design consultations, business coaching calls, and more.
With each session type, all you need to do is set the details and your availability and share a session direct link or share a smart file with a scheduler block with anyone who might want to book time with you. Then, clients can simply pick a meeting time that works for them from your real-time availability—and the meeting magically appears on your Calendar!
Editing a scheduled calendar event
To edit or delete a scheduled calendar event:
1. Locate the event in your Calendar, and click to open the details.
2. To delete the calendar event, simply click Delete. To edit the details, click Edit.
3. Make any necessary changes and click Update.
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!