To help manage the status of each and every one of your Projects, HoneyBook offers a series of stages that your Projects can automatically cycle through—and you can manually move them between stages, as well!
The Pipeline stages will help you get a bird's eye view of where all your Projects currently stand. Some stages are built into your HoneyBook account and cannot be moved or deleted, because certain actions that your clients take on files will automatically trigger movement between these stages. You can always create some stages of your own, though!
Prefer a video tutorial? We got you. Check it out here.
The set stages in the pipeline include:
- Inquiry: A client who has expressed interest, but to whom you haven't yet reached out. New Inquiries via your Contact Form will automatically enter your Pipeline in this stage, and Projects that you add yourself will start here as well.
- Follow Up: Once you have engaged with your client via email, the Project will enter this stage, where you can manage early communications and discover your client's needs.
- Proposal Sent: When you send a bookable file like an Invoice, Contract, or Proposal, the Project will move to this Sent stage.
- Proposal Signed: Once your client signs the Proposal or Contract, the Project will move to this stage and hold there until you've received a payment.
- Retainer Paid: Projects will move to this stage when you receive your first payment or manually mark the first payment as paid.
- Planning: Your client is booked! Projects will move to this stage when a second payment is made, and will stay in this stage until the Project date.
- Completed: Put a bow on it—you are DONE. You can manually move Projects into the Completed stage when you're ready.
Your full Pipeline is visible in the Projects section of your HoneyBook account. From there, you can:
- Click on Active Projects to view everything that's currently in the works
- Click on an individual stage to see all Projects in that stage
- Click on Completed to see the total number of Projects that have reached their end date
- Click on Archived to view Projects you've archived
Want to learn more?
- How do I delete or archive a Project?
- Bulk updating Projects to deleted or archived
- Customize stages/statuses in your Project Pipeline
- How do I create a new Project?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!