With HoneyBook, you can easily complete that all-important duty of collecting payments from your clients (sort of need that, right?) with no need to go through a third party!
When a client pays you through HoneyBook, we automatically send payments to the bank account that you set up under Bank Details. Credit card payments usually take 2-3 business days to reach your bank account, and bank transfer payments usually take 7-8 business days (since the funds need to clear your client's bank account first). You can learn more about payment processing times here!
Processing fees support the HoneyBook platform, and let us drive your credit card fees down through economy of scale. The fees are deducted from your total before it’s deposited into your account.
- Credit card payments—monthly/annual plan: flat fee of 3%
- Credit card payments—Venue/Studio plan: flat fee of 2.8%
- ACH (eCheck) / bank transfer: flat fee of 1.5%
- Cash or check payments: no fee!
HoneyBook Tip: Wondering about passing these fees on to your clients? Check out more information here.
You can always review the total amount that was deducted for processing fees in your Yearly or Monthly Analytics Reports. Simply click the link for the year or month you're interested in to download the full CSV report—you'll see a column for HB Fee in that spreadsheet.
PLEASE NOTE: If you ever need to refund a client, they will receive the full amount of their initial payment—transaction fees won't affect them at all!
Want to learn more?
- Connecting your bank account to HoneyBook
- How long does it take to receive payments?
- Your clients' payment options through HoneyBook
- What does my client see when I send a Proposal or Invoice?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!