To make sure your smart files go out at the right time, you’re able to queue them up, along with an email, to send at a later date. That way, you can work through your to-do list now and automate your sends for later, keeping a great balance between working on your own time and sharing information at the right points in your projects’ lifecycles.
PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, scheduling smart files can only be done via desktop.
Your account look a little different? You might have a different version of files! Check out this article for more info on scheduling a legacy file to send at a later time. Smart files are still in beta, but they’re coming soon and offering more power and customization than ever. Join the waitlist to get access ASAP!
In this article, we'll cover:
Scheduling a smart file
1. Start building your smart file in a project workspace.
2. Once you’ve built out and customized your smart file, click Share.
3. Write or edit the email you’d like to send with the smart file. The To field will pull in all existing project participants, but you can add other recipients by clicking the plus button; just be aware that adding an email address here will also add that person as a participant to the project as a whole.
HoneyBook Tip: Remember that you can select an email template you’ve already saved, to make the process even quicker!
4. Under the Send drop-down, select Schedule email.
5. You’ll see two drop-downs to adjust when the email and file will be sent. First, choose the date.
HoneyBook Tip: The current date, the next day, and the following Monday will appear as default options, but you can always select Custom date, then choose any future date from the calendar.
Next, select the time.
HoneyBook Tip: Need to select a custom time? Just scroll through the drop-down options and click to make your selection. You'll be able to select any time in increments of 30 minutes, and the time zone will appear as whatever time zone your device is in.
6. Once you’ve chosen your desired date and time, click Send Later.
7. You’ll be brought back to the smart file summary, which will now include a note of when the file is scheduled to go out.
The email and file will appear in the project's Activity Feed with banners indicating the scheduled send (visible only to you), too!
Unless you cancel the send before the scheduled time, the email and smart file will automatically go out to the project participants at the date and time you set—with no further action needed from you.
HoneyBook Tip: Need to make additional edits to your scheduled smart file and/or the corresponding email before they go out? Not to worry, you can cancel the scheduled send, make your edits, then re-schedule the smart file and email.
Canceling the scheduled send of a smart file
1. Head back to the Activity Feed for the project in which you've scheduled the smart file.
2. From here, there are a number of different ways to cancel the schedule send:
Locate the scheduled smart file near the top of the Activity Feed, click the three dot icon > Cancel scheduled send;
Locate the email and file that you've scheduled to send in the Activity Feed, and click the trash can icon in the scheduled banner;
Click to open the smart file, then select Cancel scheduled send in the scheduled banner; OR
Click to open the smart file, select Share, then click the trash can icon in the scheduled banner
3. Click Confirm to cancel the scheduled file and email.
The email and smart file will disappear from the project's Activity Feed and will not be sent to the project participants.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!