If there are automations that do not need to automatically activate when a contact form inquiry comes in, or when a lead form is submitted, you can simply add them to projects manually! This can be done at any point (unless another automation is currently running), and the first action will still fire based on the triggers and timing you set up.
So, for example, if you have an automation whose action emails the client 2 days after they’ve signed a contract, you can still apply that automation to the project today, even if the client won’t receive their contract for a week. Once the contract has been signed, the delay countdown will begin, and the client will receive the automation email 2 days later.
To manually apply an automation to a project:
1. Navigate to the project to which you'll be applying an automation. You can search for a specific project via the search icon, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of projects.
2. In the tool bar on the right side of the project, select automation.
3. This will open your list of automations. Hover over the automation you need and click Quick Apply to apply it to the project without editing, or Customize & Apply to review & make changes before applying.
4. If you chose to customize, you can now review and make changes to the steps of the automation. Any changes you make here will only apply to the automation for this individual project—changes will not impact the original automation you created in your Automations Dashboard.
From here, you can:
Hover over a step to reveal the 6-dot icon (to drag and drop, rearranging steps), the trash can icon (to delete a step), and the duplicate icon (to duplicate the step).
Add a step by clicking the Plus (+) button
Click a step to adjust the action type, select a different file template, select a different email template, or change the trigger
5. When you’re ready, click Apply to Project. Once you’ve applied, the automation will be considered “Activated”—so if you have any steps with triggers based on “activating automation,” the countdown to send those will begin!
Once the automation is applied, you can click the Full View button to review where everything stands. You can also edit or remove steps that have not yet occurred, or remove the automation entirely—learn more here!
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!