Our Scheduler tool doesn’t just make life easier for you—it makes life easier for your leads and clients, too! Whenever they'd like to schedule a meeting, book a session, or anything else that requires your time, all you need to do is share a session direct link or share a smart file with a scheduler block, both of which will reflect your real-time availability. You can even sync with your external calendar (Google, iCal, or Outlook), to make sure all availability is taken into account!
Then, your client can pick a time that works for them within the working hours you've defined, with no danger of double-booking... and without the endless "when are you free?!" back-and-forth!
Not seeing the correct times or availability displayed? Check out our article on troubleshooting the Scheduler for business best practices.
Your clients' experience with scheduling
Session direct link
Once a lead or client has access to your scheduling link, here's the flow they'll experience:
1. Clicking the scheduling link will open a calendar view, allowing your client to select a date for their meeting or event. They can also toggle to another month, if they'd prefer.
2. Upon selecting a date, your client will see the available time slots. They can select a time that works, and click Continue.
3. Then, they'll be prompted to provide their name, email, and phone number—as well as any notes or comments they may have—before clicking Schedule.
4. A confirmation page (that you can customize!) will appear to let them know that their session has been successfully scheduled. They'll also be able to reschedule, cancel, or add the session to their calendar from here (if you've allowed cancelling and rescheduling in your session type setup).
Clicking Reschedule will return them to the calendar view to select an alternate time slot. You and your client will both receive emails confirming the new time.
Clicking Cancel will prompt them to enter a reason for cancellation, and confirm that they'd like to cancel. You and your client will both receive emails confirming the cancellation.
Clicking Add to Google calendar will take them through the standard adding to calendar flow.
5. The client will receive a session confirmation email, and the meeting will be automatically added to their calendar.
Scheduler block in a smart file
When a client receives a smart file that includes a scheduler block, they can easily select their desired time from your session availability, from any device. If you’ve toggled Client must schedule session ON, the client will be required to schedule a session before proceeding through the smart file. Otherwise, they can choose to schedule a session, or not, before navigating to the next page and submitting the file.
Whenever a client schedules via smart file, they’ll receive a confirmation banner, email notification, and the option to add the session to their Google Calendar.
If you've toggled Client must pay to reserve session ON, after scheduling their session, the client will receive a confirmation page with a note that the session will be reserved once payment is made.
Once they pay through the smart file, they’ll receive a payment and session confirmation.
The client will receive a session confirmation email, and the meeting will be automatically added to their calendar.
For more on your clients' experience with smart files, check out this article.
What notifications will my client and I receive during this process?
You and your client will both receive:
Email confirmations upon successfully scheduling a session
Email reminders for upcoming meetings (if you've turned that setting on)
Email confirmations upon successfully rescheduling a session
Email confirmations upon successfully cancelling a session
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!