Our Scheduling tool doesn’t just make life easier for you—it makes life easier for your leads and clients, too! Whenever they'd like to schedule a meeting, book a session, or anything else that requires your time, all you need to do is send or share a Session link to one or more Session Types you've created, which will reflect your real-time availability. You can even sync with your Google Calendar, to make sure all availability is taken into account!
Then, your client can pick a time that works for them within the working hours you've defined, with no danger of double-booking... and without the endless "when are you free?" back-and-forth!
In this article, we'll review:
- Your clients' experience with the Scheduling tool
- The notifications that you and your clients will receive once they've scheduled
Your clients' experience with the Scheduling tool
Once a lead or client has access to your Scheduling link, here's the flow they'll experience!
1. Clicking the Scheduling link will open a calendar view, allowing your client to select a date for their meeting or event. They can also toggle to another month, if they'd prefer.
HoneyBook Tip: Dates with no available time slots will appear as grayed out and will not be clickable—so make sure to set your availability to reflect any days that you don't want to be booked for something!
2. Upon selecting a date, your client will see the available time slots. They can select a time that works, and click Continue.
3. Then, they'll be prompted to provide their name, email, and phone number—as well as any notes or comments they may have—before clicking Schedule.
4. A confirmation page (that you can customize!) will appear to let them know that their session has been successfully scheduled. They'll also be able to reschedule, cancel, or add the session to their calendar from here (if you've allowed cancelling and rescheduling in your Session Type setup).
- Clicking Reschedule will return them to the calendar view to select an alternate time slot. You and your client will both receive emails confirming the new time.
- Clicking Cancel will prompt them to enter a reason for cancellation, and confirm that they'd like to cancel. You and your client will both receive emails confirming the cancellation.
- Clicking Add to Calendar will take them through the standard adding to calendar flow, allowing them to choose whether they'd like to add the event to Google Calendar or iCal.
What notifications will my client and I receive during this process?
You and your client will both receive:
- Email confirmations upon successfully scheduling a session
- Email reminders for upcoming meetings (if you've turned that setting on)
- Email confirmations upon successfully rescheduling a session
- Email confirmations upon successfully cancelling a session
Want to learn more?
- Scheduling in HoneyBook: an overview
- Creating Session Types
- Sharing your Session Links with leads and clients
- Understanding the HoneyBook Calendar
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!