Bulk actions in your Project Pipeline allow you to move, delete, archive, or send an email to many Projects at once — saving you time and effort in the process! As of now, bulk updating is only available to the account owner. Anyone can, of course, still delete, move, archive, or send emails to their own Projects individually.
In this article, we'll review:
Sending a bulk email to multiple Projects at once
Emailing through the Pipeline allows you to send a bulk email to multiple Projects at once. All members in the selected Projects will receive the email you send — individually, of course, so no one can see each others' email addresses! — and the email will also appear in the Activity Feed of each selected Project for easy tracking.
This helps you:
Save time by communicating with multiple clients in one easy step
Segment your batch sends by Project stages and Project dates (ideal for proactive outreach and avoiding cancellations!)
See all emailed communications right in your Activity Feed for each Project
Know whether clients have opened your email on a Project by Project basis, so you always know when to follow up
Please note that at the moment:
The bulk email action will only visible to users that have set up their email integrated with HoneyBook. If you're not able to integrate your email but would like to use this feature, please get in touch with our Concierge team by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page!
You may select up to 100 Projects per bulk email
You may send 10 bulk emails per 24-hour period
To send a bulk email through the Pipeline:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Projects tab.
2. Make sure your current Pipeline view is of the most use to this particular email send — for example, perhaps you only want to reach out to Projects in the Proposal Signed stage. Remember, you can:
Click into a particular Project stage to only select Projects at that stage in their lifecycle (or, select the Active Projects bucket to see all Projects!)
Click any column header to sort the list you're viewing by Project name, date, type, etc.
3. Once in your selected list of Projects, hover over a Project and check the box that appears on the left side of the screen. This will make your bulk action options visible.
4. Check the boxes of the Projects you want to email. Or, just check the box at the top of the column to select all Projects in the list you're viewing!
5. Click the Send Email icon.
6. Select the email template you'd like to send, or choose to create an email from scratch.
7. Create your email or edit the template as necessary.
8. Click Send when you're ready!
Your email will now go out to every participant within the Projects you selected. Remember, these emails appear to each recipient as though they've been sent individually, so no one will see the email addresses of the other recipients!
Updating the status or stage of multiple Projects at once
Moving Projects allows you to change the Projects’ stages — i.e., where in the Pipeline they currently sit. You can learn more about the various Pipeline stages here!
Archiving a Project simply hides it from your main Pipeline and pauses any HoneyBook notifications, payment reminders, or automated payments that your client might have been receiving previously. The Project will, however, always be accessible in the Archived section of your Pipeline, and can be un-archived if necessary. Archiving is a great option for general Pipeline "clean up." Learn more about what happens when Project are archived here.
Deleting a Project will permanently remove the Workspace, as well as all files and communication that are housed in it. Only use this option if you're sure there's nothing in the Project you need to save!
PLEASE NOTE: If a Project contains a file on which a payment has been made, the Project can not be deleted — it will need to be archived.
To bulk update the stage/status of your Projects:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Projects tab.
HoneyBook Tip: Make sure you're viewing the Projects you want to view by clicking the appropriate tile in the Pipeline: Active Projects, to view all, or a particular Pipeline stage to only view Projects in that stage.
2. Once in your selected list of Projects, hover over a Project and check the box that appears on the left side of the screen. This will make your bulk action options visible.
3. Check the boxes of the Projects you want to move, archive, or delete. Or, just check the box at the top of the column to select all Projects in the list you're viewing!
4. Click the appropriate bulk action icon to choose what you’d like to do with these Projects. You can:
Move Projects to another Pipeline stage
Archive Projects (moving them to the Archived stage)
Delete them from your HoneyBook account
5. Depending on which action you take, you may need to:
Select the Pipeline stage to which you’ll move your Projects
Select the reason for archiving your Projects
Confirm you’d like to delete your Projects
PLEASE NOTE: If you attempt to delete any Projects that contain a booked file, a payment, or Projects that were not created by you, you will receive an error message, as these Projects are unable to be deleted. They can, however, be archived!
Why am I unable to bulk update?
If you receive an error message that the Projects you selected cannot be bulk updated, this might be because:
You're not the owner of some or all of the selected Projects
The Projects already contain booked files (signed contracts or invoices with completed payments) and therefore cannot be deleted
The Projects have pending payments and therefore cannot be deleted
Another error has occurred
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!