Tasks in HoneyBook are your internal to-do list, visible only to you and/or your team—but not your clients!—making them a great way to keep your projects organized.
You can add these tasks—complete with due dates—either to specific projects or to your to-do list at large, and they can be added in two ways: from directly within a project, or through your Tasks tool.
Within a project
To add a task from within a project:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the project on which you'll be adding a task.
You can search for a specific project via the search icon, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of projects.
2. In the grey Project Options tool bar, select Tasks.
3. Enter the task name/description in the New Task field.
4. Click the Pick a Due Date field to select a due date, if applicable.
5. The task will save automatically when you click out of the tasks field, but can be edited simply by clicking either field and making your changes.
Adding a task from the Tasks tool
To add a task from the Tasks tool:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Tasks from the menu.
3. This will take you to your full list of tasks. Click Add Task to create a new task for yourself.
4. Enter the task name/description in the New Task field, and click the Pick a Date field to select a due date (if applicable).
5. Click the Project field and start typing to search for the project you'll be associating this task with. You can also leave this field blank, if the task is not associated with a particular project.
PLEASE NOTE: Tasks that are associated with specific projects will be visible to all team members with access to that workspace. Tasks that are not associated with a project are private to you.
6. If you haven't associated a project with the task, or if you have and there are team members added to the project as participants, you can assign the task to a team member under the Assigned To drop-down.
7. The task will save automatically when you click out of the tasks field, but can be edited simply by clicking into a field and making your changes.
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!