Much like your business, HoneyBook runs on Projects — they're the foundation on which we build our castle of awesome features. Within a Project, you can create and send files, email your client directly, track your time and tasks, and more. And when business is booming, you're going to need to add a whole lot of them.
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
To create a new Project:
1. From your HoneyBook dashboard, hover over the + New button in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Select New Project from the menu.
3. Enter your Project details: name, type, date, lead source, etc. Don't worry if you don't know them all yet, or if they change later — you can always edit them down the line!*
- HoneyBook Tip: You can (and should!) customize your Project types, lead sources, and other Project Details fields to make sure they fit your brand.
4. Click Create Project.
5. Add a Participant to the Project by entering the email address, name, and any other relevant contact info you have.
- Participants are the contacts who will receive all files and other communication regarding the Project, so this will likely be your client!
- All participants that you subsequently add to the Project will receive all emails and files you send through HoneyBook. If you need to send an email or file to only one participant — or a certain subset or participants — you can create a related Workspace within the Project to do so.
6. Click Add.
You can also utilize all the fields in the right-hand side Project Options toolbar! From here, you can:
- Track time spent working on a Project (and bill for it later!)
- Add and view Project tasks
- Add private notes to your notepad (only visible to you and your team — not your client!)
- View and add Workflows
- View and toggle between the Project's related Workspaces
*HoneyBook Tip: Need to edit the Project details of an existing Project? Just click the Details tab in the Project Workspace! You can even create additional dates and locations for the Project, if it goes beyond the bounds of a single "due date."
Want to learn more?
- Customizing and using Project details
- Can I create templates for my files?
- What is the the Project Pipeline?
- How do I get paid through HoneyBook?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!