While the easiest way to get paid is directly through HoneyBook (hello, direct deposits!), sometimes, clients need to pay via cash, check, or some other payment method. You also may need to adjust a payment amount, if that outside payment differs from the amount noted in the payment schedule.
Fortunately, it's easy to record those payments in HoneyBook as well, making it simple to track anything coming in outside of HoneyBook both within the individual Projects and in your Bookkeeping section. And, best of all, you can mark payments as paid right from your iOS or Android app!
iOS & Android: manually marking a payment as paid
1. Locate the Project for which you need to mark a payment as paid.
- You can search via the search icon at the top of your app's Home screen (Pipeline view), or locate the Project from the Project List in your Pipeline.
2. Tap the Files tab to view your sent files.
4. Under the Payment Plan section, tap View.
5. Next to the payment you'd like to mark as paid, tap the 3-dot icon.
6. Select Mark [amount] as paid.
7. Select the method and date of the payment, then click Mark [amount] as Paid.
The status of the payment will now adjust to Paid! All manual payments will also be tracked in your Reports and Bookkeeping. If, for any reason, you need to undo this action, repeat this process through Step 5, then select Undo Mark as Paid.
If you've received a payment from a client for a different amount than the amount listed in the payment schedule and you need to manually mark the payment as paid, you'll need to make those changes via desktop. Here's how!
PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, you are not able to mark a payment as paid on Invoices or Proposals that have recurring payments set up.
Want to learn more?
- Marking a payment as paid via desktop
- Creating and sending an Invoice via iOS and Android app
- HoneyBook payments FAQ
- Getting paid through HoneyBook
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!