The only constant is change. Way deep, we know, but we're pretty sure Heraclitus was mostly referring to clients changing their minds about how they want to pay.
If you received a payment from a client for a different amount than the amount listed in the payment schedule, not to worry — you can always edit.
Prefer a written walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
To update the schedule with the correct payment amount:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the Project for which you'll be adjusting the payment.
You can search for a specific Project via the search icon, or click the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
2. Once you've opened your Project, click the Files tab.
3. Locate the Invoice or Proposal you'll be editing, and click to open.
4. Click the Edit button in the top right corner of your screen to begin updating.
5. In the Scheduled Payment section, click the amount field of the payment you'd like to edit.
6. Edit the Custom Amount to reflect the payment you received from your client.
HoneyBook Tip: If your edits create a discrepancy between the total of the Invoice and the totals of the payments you have listed, we'll give you an error message so you can update the rest of the payment schedule!
7. When you're finished updating, click Resend Invoice/Proposal.
Your client will need to accept the changes to the file before you can proceed.
8. Once your client has accepted the changes, you can head back to the file and manually mark that payment as paid.
If you've already marked a payment as paid but need to adjust it, you'll need to revert the payment to unpaid before making your edits. After reverting the payment, you can make your edits using the steps above!
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!