To make sure that every piece of information you collect in HoneyBook is relevant to you and your business, you can create custom project details fields within your Company Settings!
Once you have your custom fields set up, these fields make it easy to record the exact details you need, review them as necessary, and even apply them to other elements of HoneyBook, like contracts.
Create custom project details fields
Though your account will come with a few required default details fields (project name, type, date, etc.), you can always add more fields to suit the information your business needs to collect.
1. From any page, click your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen > select Company Settings from the menu.
3. Select the Preferences tab.
4. Next to Project Details, click Edit.
5. Click Add to add a new project details field.
6. Enter the field name.
7. When you’ve added all necessary fields, click Save.
Access & edit project details in a specific project
1. Find the project that requires editing: you can search via the search icon in the top left corner of your home page, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of projects.
2. Once in the project's workspace, click the Details tab.
3. Click any field to edit the detail in question.
Everything will save automatically. And don’t worry—even if you added some project details as you were creating your project, none of them are set in stone. You can always add, edit, or remove details down the road.
Use custom project details in files
With your new project details in place, you can now use these fields to enhance your contracts, as adding custom fields in your Company Settings will automatically add those fields to your contract smart fields list as well.
Are project details visible to my clients?
Clients can see the Details tab of any project they're added to, along with all of the default and custom project details, including the "About the project" section. Clients, however, cannot see the Private Details. Scroll down in the Details tab to find your Private Details—here, you can add timestamped notes that are only visible to you and your internal team members with project access—not your clients.
What are some examples of custom project details fields to add?
Whatever information you like to keep handy for a project! This could include: Google Drive folder link, preference notes, and more.
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!