The HoneyBook Contact Form is a widget that can be customized and embedded on your company website (or sent out via a Direct Link, with no embedding necessary!) allowing you to gather information from potential clients—name, contact info, what they’re interested in booking you for, etc.—and funnel that info directly into your HoneyBook account. Incoming requests will automatically populate as Inquiries (Projects in the Inquiry stage) in your Project Pipeline.
Since all client communications in HoneyBook need to be sent through Projects, these Contact Form submissions can save you significant time! Instead of needing to go through the process of tracking down clients, manually collecting their information, creating a Project in HoneyBook, entering the information you gathered, and THEN sending your first email or file… those first 4 steps can be taken care of before you even wake up in the morning. You’ll have a Project ready to go, with all the information you need from your potential client. All you need to do is reach out.
Your Contact Form creator look a little different than this? Check out this article instead!
In this article, we’ll review:
- The elements of Contact Forms
- Creating your Contact Form
- Adding more Questions
- Adding Content Blocks
- Formatting and customizing settings for your Contact Form
- Embedding or distributing your Contact Form
The elements of Contact Forms
Your Contact Forms are made up of blocks. These blocks can be Question Blocks, used to request information from your leads via several different question types; or Content Blocks, which can include images, text, or combinations in various formats.
Question Blocks can utilize Suggested or Custom Questions.
Suggested questions are those that HoneyBook recommends gathering answers for, such as your client’s name and contact info, their project type and date, etc. Adding suggested questions ensures that answers will automatically populate into the Project Details fields of the Inquiry that gets created.
Custom questions are just that—yours to customize! You can request any information within the question formats we provide, and the answers will be tracked in the Inquiry submissions (visible within the Activity Feed of the Project that gets created, as well as in the Inquiry alert email the selected recipient will receive as soon as the form is submitted). Answers to custom questions will not automatically populate in any Project Details fields, however.
You’ll have the option of adding questions in the following formats:
- Short text: short answer
- Long text: longer text answer
- Dropdown: a dropdown menu with your predetermined answer options
- Single choice: a list of your predetermined answer options, allowing for one selection
- Multiple choice: a list of your predetermined answer options, allowing for multiple selections
- Date picker: a calendar pop-out, allowing a date selection
Content Blocks can utilize Text, which can be formatted with standard options such as font, size, color, alignment, etc. by highlighting the text and making edits; or, Images, which can be uploaded on the fly, or selected from your Library of previously-uploaded images.
Creating your Contact Form
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Contact Form from the menu.
HoneyBook Tip: You’re also able to access your Contact Form by selecting Tools > Templates > Contact Form.
3. You can work off of the default form we provide, or create your own by clicking the Form icon in the sidebar, then selecting Add Contact Form.
4. In either case, name your Contact Form by clicking the title in the top left corner.
5. Now, you can edit or remove any pre-populated questions by clicking on a question itself, selecting the text to edit, or clicking the trash can icon to delete.
PLEASE NOTE: Email Address and Full Name fields can be edited, but not deleted.
Some questions will note that they are connected to specific fields; when these are filled out by your leads, the answers will automatically populate into the Project Details fields of the Inquiry that gets created. You can determine which questions are connected to which fields by hovering over a question, then hovering over the Linked icon.
You can also add additional Question Blocks or Content Blocks—detailed more below—by hovering over an existing question and clicking the Plus (+) button that appears at the bottom of the Block.
Adding Question Blocks
1. Once you've clicked the Plus (+) button to add a Block, click the Questions tab within the Block selector.
2. Select the question type. Remember, you can choose the Custom or Suggested tab for different question types.
PLEASE NOTE: If you've selected the two fields question format, you can click the gear icon to select the individual question formats for each field.
3. Enter the text of your question, and if necessary, the answer options (as in drop-down menu questions, multiple choice questions, etc.)
HoneyBook Tip: Click the gear icon that appears when you hover over a question to toggle whether or not the question is required. Clients will not be able to submit their answers to the Contact Form if a required question is left unanswered.
4. To continue adding questions or other Blocks, hover over an existing question again and click the Plus (+) button that appears. Repeat as necessary!
HoneyBook Tip: Rearrange the order of questions by hovering over the content you’d like to move, and using the 6-dot icon that appears to drag and drop the content into a different order.
Adding Content Blocks
1. Once you've clicked the Plus (+) button to add a Block, click the Content tab within the Block selector.
2. Select the formatting for the Content Block you’d like to add—text, image, or a combination.
3. Then, you’ll be prompted to select your image and/or enter your text, based on the Block type you’ve selected.
- Image content can be uploaded on the fly, or selected from your Library of previously-uploaded images.
- Text content can be formatted with standard options such as font, size, color, alignment, etc. by highlighting the text in question and making your edits.
4. You can update the background color of the Block by hovering over the Block and clicking the pencil icon.
5. To continue adding Content or other Blocks, hover over the Block and click the Plus (+) button that appears at the bottom.
HoneyBook Tip: You can rearrange the order of your Blocks by hovering over a Block, and using the 6-dot icon on the left to drag and drop. You can also delete a Block by hovering over a Block and clicking the trash can icon on the right.
Formatting and customizing settings for your Contact Form
To customize things like fonts, text size and color, background colors, etc.:
Click the Design icon in your sidebar to open your formatting options section.
From the Colors section, you can customize:
- Font color
- Input border color
- Input background color
- Form background color
From the Font section, you can customize:
- Font style
- Text size
- Bold/not bold
To customize things like Inquiry recipients and form redirects:
Click the Settings icon in your sidebar to open your settings section.
From here, you can:
- Select the Inquiry recipient (the team member to whom incoming Inquiries will be sent. This team member will also become the Project owner for this Inquiry).
- Select a default thank you message to appear upon submission, or input a redirect link.
Embedding or distributing your Contact Form
There are a few ways to distribute your Contact Form. You can embed the form directly onto your website, ensuring that any inquiries coming in through your site funnel right into HoneyBook; you can simply copy a link to the form, which you can then distribute with no embedding necessary; or, do both!
To generate a link to your form:
1. Make sure it all looks good first! Click the Preview button so you know what you're sharing.
2. When you’re ready, click Publish.
3. Once you've clicked Publish, you'll see a new section available in the Settings section of your sidebar: Get a Direct Link!
4. Click the Copy icon to copy the link to your clipboard, or the Open Link icon to simply pop open a new tab containing your form.
HoneyBook Tip: Copying your Direct Link makes it simple to share your form on your social channels or send right to your clients. You can do this in addition to—or instead of—embedding the code on your website. Whatever suits your business! You can find more ideas on distributing your Direct Link here.
To embed your form on a website:
1. Make sure it all looks good first! Click the Preview button so you know what you're embedding.
2. When you’re ready, click Publish.
3. Click Copy Code to copy the code snippet to your clipboard—you’ll paste this code later, when you’re embedding it into your website!
4. Now, you can embed the code right into your website. Here's how to do that for a variety of sites.
HoneyBook Tip: Don't see your website listed in that article? Get in touch with our Concierge team by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page or by emailing [email protected]—they'd be happy to help determine steps for your individual site!
Now, any leads coming in from your form will automatically create new Projects in the Inquiry stage of your HoneyBook Project Pipeline! You can even check out our Workflow options to automate some processes even further!
Your Contact Form look a little different than this? Your account may be using a different version of our forms: check out this article instead!
Want to learn more?
- Sharing a Contact Form without embedding
- How many Contact Forms can I use?
- Deleting a Contact Form
- Can I use Contact Forms on different websites with different URLs?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!