The only constant is change. Way deep, we know, but we're pretty sure Heraclitus was mostly referring to clients changing their minds about how they want to pay.
If you received a payment from a client for a different amount than the amount listed in the payment schedule, not to worry—you can always edit. You'll need to first update the payment amount, then mark the payment as paid.
To update the payment schedule with the correct amount:
1. Navigate to the project for which you'll be adjusting the payment.
You can search for a specific project via the search icon, or click the Projects tab to review your full list of projects.
2. Once you've opened your project, locate the file you'll be editing, and click to open.
3. Click the Edit File button in the top right corner of your screen to begin updating.
4. In the Payment Schedule section, click the amount field of the payment you'd like to edit.
6. Edit the amount to reflect the payment you received from your client.
7. When you're finished updating, click Update. Depending on the status of the file, you might be required to update your client, or not.
8. Finally, just manually mark the payment as paid.
The status of the payment should now adjust to paid, with the correct amount shown.
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!