To save even more time, you can tie default email templates and email settings to your smart file templates! Whenever you get ready to share that smart file template through a project, the corresponding email will appear automatically. You can make any edits to the email, or just send it out right away.
Your account look a little different? You might have a different version of files! Smart files are still in beta, but they’re coming soon and offering more power and customization than ever. Join the waitlist to get access ASAP!
To edit the default email settings for a smart file template:
1. Locate your smart file template and click to open.
2. Click the three dot icon to the top right of your screen, then Edit email settings.
3. From the email template drop-down, select the default email template that you’d like to appear every time you get ready to send the smart file template to a client.
4. Next, customize the settings for the email template.
Show your company logo: toggle ON or OFF to adjust whether you’d like your secondary company logo to appear in the email
Edit button text: enter the text that you’d like to appear on the email button linked to your smart file
5. When you’re ready, be sure to click Save!
PLEASE NOTE: If you set a default email template and email settings for a smart file template, but then add the smart file to an automation and choose a different email for that automation step—the email chosen when creating the automation step will trigger, overriding the template settings. However, the logo and button settings set at the template level will remain the same.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!