While the easiest way to get paid is directly through HoneyBook (hello, direct deposits!), sometimes, clients need to pay via cash, check, or some other payment method. Fortunately, it's easy to record those payments in HoneyBook as well, making it simple to track anything coming in outside of HoneyBook from within the individual projects.
Manually mark a payment as paid
1. Navigate to the project for which you'll be adjusting the payment.
You can search for a specific project via the search icon, or click the Projects tab to review your full list of projects.
2. Once you've opened your project, locate the smart file you'll be editing, and click to open.
3. In the Payment Schedule section, select the outline of the payment you'd like to edit.
4. In the right sidebar, select Mark as paid.
5. Select the method and date of the payment, then click Mark as paid.
Add manual payments to your Bookkeeping
To share a file with a manual payment:
Just follow the steps outlined here to share your file with the project participants. You can send the file via email or a link shared over text message, social media, or any other avenue you choose.
To publish a file with a manual payment:
If you’ve marked a payment as paid in a draft file and would like to make the changes live without notifying your client, you can simply publish the file by following the step below.
1. Within the draft file, click the publish icon.
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!