Once you’ve created and applied your automation to a project (either manually, or automatically via a contact form inquiry), you can still make changes to upcoming steps or even remove the automation before it’s complete.
In this article, we’ll review:
Editing an active automation
1. Locate the project for which you’d like to edit the automation. You can search for a specific project via the search icon, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of projects.
2. In the right side tool bar, you’ll see the automation that’s currently running. Click Full View.
3. Click Edit.
4. Make any changes that you need! For any steps that have not yet occurred, you can:
Hover over a step to reveal the 6-dot icon (to drag and drop, rearranging steps), the trash can icon (to delete a step), and the duplicate icon (to duplicate the step).
Click a step to adjust the action type, select a different file template, select a different email template, or change the trigger
You can also click the plus (+) button to add a new step.
HoneyBook Tip: Remember, you can click Preview & Edit in the Email Template section to adjust the language of that particular email. At the moment, however, you are not able to edit individual document templates (though you can select a different one!).
5. When everything looks good, click Publish Changes. This will save your updates, so the automation will reflect those updates moving forward.
Removing an automation
Removing an automation from a project will prevent any future actions from triggering. You can also remove completed automations in order to apply another.
1. Locate the project in which you’d like to remove an automation.
2. In the right side toolbar, you’ll see the automation that’s currently running.
3. Click Remove.
4. Click Confirm to finalize the removal.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!