When you require a signature from your client to seal the deal, contracts are just the ticket—and if you’re away from your computer, you can easily create, edit, and send contracts right from your iOS or Android app.
Contracts through HoneyBook are legally-binding documents that allow you to specify the nitty gritty service information of your project, and they require your client to review and sign the file—which they can do right through our platform, from any device.
iOS and Android: Creating and sending a contract
1. Tap the plus (+) icon in your pipeline view, find the project that requires a contract, or create a new project.
Tap the plus (+) icon: Just select smart file from the menu, then skip to step 3. You'll be able to select an existing project to connect the file to, or create a new one.
Find a project: search via the search icon at the top of your app's home screen (pipeline view), or locate the project from the project list in your pipeline.
Create a project: learn how here.
2. Once in the project, tap the Create button.
3. Select a template or recent file, or tap + Start from blank smart file to start from scratch.
4. If you need to add a contract to your file, tap the pencil icon > Contract. From here, you can:
Click + Start from blank to add a new contract block; OR
Select an existing smart file template to pull in its contract
5. Tap into the contract block to edit.
6. Adjust any service agreement text as needed. Feel free to take advantage of the text formatting options in the formatting bar at the top—customize to represent your brand.
7. Tap the + Smart field button to add smart fields, which automatically pull in project details such as your client's info, event specifics, relevant dates, and more. Scroll through the list to see available field options, or type to search.
Field name will show as placeholder text if no value is assigned in the project. Tap this field to select an auto-pull field (project date, client name, etc.—information that will likely already be in the client or project details when the contract is sent), or to enter the name of a custom field.
Field value can be entered for fields that are more static (like your business information), but you'll likely want to leave it blank; this will prompt you or your client to enter specific Project info before sending or signing the file.
You can select whether your client Can edit (has the option to update), Must fill (is required to update), or Can't edit the field.
8. If your smart file also contains an invoice, tap the + Payment recap button to add a recap of the payment plan.
9. Contract signature lines will be automatically added to the bottom of the contract—one for the project owner (either you, or the teammate that created the project), and one for the first participant added to the project. If your project had multiple participants who need to sign, tap + Add signature and select additional project participants.
10. Make any other edits to your smart file as needed, then click Share.
11. Choose how you'd like to share the smart file: Send Email or Create Link.
Send Email: Follow the steps here to craft your email and send it off, along with the smart file.
Create Link: Tap Create & Change to "Sent" to create a direct link to the file, that you can then share with the project participants via any channel.
Once your client signs, you'll be notified via email & within the app itself.
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!