When you’re creating a new calendar event, though you can certainly create one from scratch, you can also use one of your pre-made session types as a jumping-off point. That way, you’ll minimize the need to re-add session types, descriptions, instructions, and lengths. Instead, you’ll simply pick a time, knowing all the other session details will already be in place… which saves you time and keeps you organized!
Not seeing the correct times or availability displayed on your session link? Check out our article on troubleshooting the Scheduler tool for best practices.
Scheduling a session from a project workspace
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the project for which you'd like to schedule a meeting.
You can search for a specific project via the search icon, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of projects.
2. Once in the project workspace, click the Schedule button.
3. Select the session type you’d like to schedule.
4. Add or edit the session details as necessary. Some or all details will be pre-filled, based on the saved session type you selected, but feel free to make any adjustments for this specific event.
5. Date and time will default to today's date and the next available half hour. Under the drop-downs, make any changes to reflect the actual time of this meeting.
a. You won't be notified for any conflicts—make sure to reference your Calendar to prevent double-booking.
6. Click Schedule.
7. Click Notify by email to notify the participants that you've scheduled a session, or proceed to schedule without notifying.
Now, this session will be added to your full HoneyBook Calendar, as well as tracked within the project itself!
Editing or rescheduling a session
To reschedule or edit a session:
1. Locate the meeting you'd like to reschedule: you can either find it in your main Calendar view, or in the workspace of the project to which it's associated. Click on the event once you've found it.
2. Select Edit.
3. Enter the new date and time for the session, if you're rescheduling, or make any other changes you need to the meeting details.
4. Click Update.
If you've rescheduled, the meeting will move to the new date & time in your HoneyBook Calendar, and the associated project's activity feed will also note that the meeting was rescheduled! If you previously added the meeting to your Google Calendar, make sure to edit the meeting there, too.
Cancelling a session
1. Locate the meeting you'd like to cancel: you can either find it in your main Calendar view, or in the workspace of the project to which it's associated. Click on the event once you've found it.
2. Select Delete.
3. Confirm that you'd like to remove the session by clicking Yes, Delete.
4. From here, you can choose to notify the invitees about the cancellation or continue without notifying.
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!