Sometimes, a payment due date just slips a client's mind. We get it. They're human, too—but we don't want that leading to extra work for you! To take that off your plate, and to make sure you get paid on time, HoneyBook can automatically email payment reminders to your clients.
By default, payment reminders will be turned on—here's how to turn them off, though—and when turned on, they'll automatically send:
- 7 days before a payment is due
- 1 day before a payment is due
- 2 days after the payment was due
If you currently have reminders turned off but would like to send one manually, or if you'd like to send an additional reminder to a client:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the Project for which you'll be sending the reminder.
- You can search for a specific Project via the search icon, or click the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
2. Once you've opened your Project, click the Files tab.
3. Find and select the Invoice or Proposal containing the payment for which you'd like to send a reminder.
PLEASE NOTE: If you're looking at a Proposal and the Contract portion has not been signed, it is not yet considered "booked" and payment reminders can not be sent. Once your client signs the Contract, you'll be able to send reminders!
4. Scroll down to the Payment Plan section.
5. Find the payment in need of a reminder, and click the 3-dot icon.
6. Select Send payment reminder.
This will automatically send an email to all Participants involved in the Project, which will look something like this:
PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, the text of these reminder emails cannot be edited—we're hoping to add that capability in the future, though!
Want to learn more?
- Turning payment reminders off
- Connecting your bank account to HoneyBook
- Setting up automatic recurring payments
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!