Welcome to HoneyBook! We're so excited to have you on board.
We want to make this transition as smooth as possible. HoneyBook has tons of features that make life easier for our members—that's the goal, after all—but where should you start?
GOOD NEWS: Below, we’ll cover the 9 steps members take to get their accounts set up for success. Consider dedicating an afternoon to checking these steps off—afterwards, you’ll be able to communicate with (and book!) clients with confidence.
Prefer a live training? Sign up for our weekly orientation webinars here.
Or, if you want to check out a quick, 10-minute overview video, you can watch here!
1. Upload your logo and brand imagery: This will allow your branding to be front and center when you communicate with clients.
2. Customize your project types: These are the categories of your work and what services you offer. Creating custom project types allows you to easily organize your clients and jobs in HoneyBook, and supercharge your automations.
3. Connect your bank account: Make sure we know where to send your funds when you get paid through HoneyBook.
4. Customize your templates: Templates are the pre-saved versions of your files—they’re one of the greatest efficiencies HoneyBook has to offer. Whenever you need to share a file with a client, you can start with a template, make any project-specific edits, then quickly send it out.
To access your templates, select Tools > My Templates.
You’ll notice that we’ve already added in a number of sample templates to get you started—feel free to build off of these and customize to your liking. (And, if you’ve used our complimentary file transformation service, those will be here, too.)
You can also check out the Template Gallery for ideas or quick places to start.
Or, if you’d prefer, you can always start a template from scratch by clicking Create New.
5. Customize the HoneyBook contact form: The contact form is a widget that can be customized and embedded on your company website, allowing you to gather information from potential clients—name, contact info, what they’re interested in booking you for, etc.
Don't forget to include the "project type" question from the suggested question list, with all of the new categories you created in step 2!
6. Install the HoneyBook contact form: Set up your contact form to pull leads straight from your website into HoneyBook as projects, so you don't have to manually add every single job.
No website? No problem! Try sharing your contact form direct link via SMS, social media, or anywhere else you get inquiries from instead.
7. Add your existing contacts: Quickly sync your existing list of clients and their information via a CSV import or Google.
Putting it all together
8. Create a project: The first step to communicating with a client is adding a project. Projects contain all of the files, communication, and other details related to a job.
9. Send a test file: To make sure you’re confident in the client experience, send yourself a test smart file before you debut it to a client.
Consider sending a test bookable smart file, so you’re familiar with how clients sign and pay.
Cha-Ching: Now, you can confidently send invoices, collect e-signatures and payments, and even operate your business on-the-go using our mobile app. Out of all of the tools we’ve discussed above, the most-loved feature is our “cha-ching” notification when payments roll in!
Other info worth noting:
Hire expert help: HoneyBook Pros are trusted professionals that can provide personalized help with setup, template design, and more.
HoneyBook glossary: Feeling out of the loop on HoneyBook lingo? We've got you!
Smart files: Learn about all of the time-saving, client-wowing features you can use with HoneyBook’s version of online business files.
Integrations: More about what other programs you can connect to your HoneyBook account to make life easier.
Project pipeline: Learn where all your projects live, how to customize stages in your process, how we automatically track stages, and more.
Automations: Set up automations to automate tasks, share emails, and send files (even contracts and invoices) in your projects' lifecycles.
Scheduling: Create sessions and allow your leads and clients to book time with you.
Team members: Invite members of your team to have their own logins to your HoneyBook account.
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!