Sometimes, a payment due date just slips a client's mind. We get it. They're human, too—but we don't want that leading to extra work for you! To make sure you get paid on time, you can use HoneyBook to send your clients quick payment reminder emails. This can be set up to occur automatically for all clients, or, if you'd rather control who gets reminders and when, you can manually send reminders right from your iOS or Android app!
PLEASE NOTE: By default, all automated payment reminders will be turned on, and will contain default email language—here's how to edit the messaging and turn them off, though.
iOS and Android: Sending manual payment reminders
1. Locate the Project for which you need to send a payment reminder.
- You can search via the search icon at the top of your app's Home screen (Pipeline view), or locate the Project from the Project List in your Pipeline.
2. Tap the Files tab to view your sent files.
PLEASE NOTE: If you're looking at a Proposal and the Contract portion has not been signed, it is not yet considered "booked" and payment reminders can not be sent. Once your client signs the Contract, you'll be able to send reminders!
4. Under the Payment Plan section, tap View.
5. Next to the payment for which you need to send a reminder, tap the 3-dot icon.
6. Tap Send Payment Reminder.
And that's it! An email will go out right away to all participants involved in the Project.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to edit the text of the reminder email through this process. The email that sends will pull the payment reminder language based on when the reminder is being sent:
- Sent before payment due date: Upcoming reminder
- Sent on payment due date: Payment Due Date reminder
- Sent past payment due date: Outstanding reminder
Want to learn more?
- Turning automated payment reminders off
- Sending an Invoice via iOS or Android
- Manually marking a payment as "paid" on iOS or Android
- Connecting your bank account to HoneyBook
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!