Just as it does for you, HoneyBook aims to streamline the process of booking and project management for your clients.
Once you create a Project through which to communicate and share files with your client, you can give them access to their Client Portal, where they can review any emails or files that you’ve sent — it’s the perfect way for everyone to stay organized and up to date!
In this article, we’ll review:
- Customizing your clients’ Login Screen
- Sharing the link to your Domain or Client Portal
- Your clients’ experience with the Portal
- A few other client experience FAQs that might be helpful
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, only account Admins are able to customize and share the Client Portal.
Customizing your clients' Login Screen
Once you’ve claimed your Client Portal URL through either Our Domain or by creating your own Custom Domain, you can personalize the Login Screen your client’s will see to keep your brand front and center.
To customize your Clients’ Login Screen:
- From any page, click your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Select Company Settings from the menu.
3. Select the Domain & Client Portal tab.
4. Click the Customize Screen in the Login Screen Preview section.
5. Select your background color and whether you’d like to display your logo (in square or full size).
- PLEASE NOTE: Make sure you’ve uploaded your full-size and square logos in your Company Brand section — then, you can include it on your login screen!
6. Click Save when you’re ready!
- HoneyBook Tip: Want to see how your login screen will look on mobile? Click the mobile phone icon at the top of the screen to preview!
Sharing your Client Portal
Sharing your unique Client Portal link is easy! It can be shared through your Custom Domain & Client Portal Settings page or right through individual Projects, and can be sent to any clients that are set up as Project participants.
To share the link from your Custom Domain & Client Portal Settings:
1. From any page, click your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Select Company Settings from the menu.
3. Select the Custom Domain & Client Portal tab.
4. In the URL field, click the Share icon.
5. Enter the email address(es) with which you’d like to share your link.
PLEASE NOTE: Only email addresses that are associated with Projects in your account will be available to select, and clients will need to log in using the email address they have associated with those Projects. Contacts that are not Project participants, even those that are currently in your Contact List, will not be able to gain access to the Portal, nor will you be able to share the link with them from here.
6. When you’re ready, click Review Email.
7. Make any edits you need to the email you’ll be sharing, and click Send.
To share the link from within a Project:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the Project through which you’ll be sharing your Portal link.
- You can search for a specific Project via the search icon, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
2. In the Project Options section, click Send Client Portal Link.
3. Select the Project participants with whom you’d like to share the link.
PLEASE NOTE: When sharing directly through a Project, you’ll only be able to select participants for that specific Project as recipients.
4. Click Review Email.
5. Make any edits you need to the email you’ll be sharing, and click Send.
Your client will receive an email letting them know that they now have access to the Client Portal, and providing them with a link to create their login. From there, they’ll be able to select a password and access their Portal!
Your client’s experience with the Client Portal
When your client receives their invitation to the Client Portal, they’ll be able to select a password and quickly access the Portal. When they log in in the future, they can access the Portal with the email address that is associated with their Project and the password they’ve set for themselves. They can also use the Forgot Password link if they need to reset.
Files that you send to your client, like Invoices or Proposals, will still be emailed right to their email address that you’ve associated with the Project. Those emails will contain a link to the file through which your client can easily access and act upon the document, as well as access the Client Portal. They can also, of course, gain access via the Portal link you’ve shared with them.
Once the client is logged in, they’ll be able to view:
- The Activity tab, where they can review any emails that have been sent, as well as send you a message
- The Files tab, where they can view and act upon any files or attachments that have been sent
- The Payments tab, where they can review their payment schedule and make upcoming payments
- The Project Details as you’ve set them — they will not, however, be able to edit these details
When your client is logged in, they will NOT be able to view:
- The grey toolbar on the right side of your Project, which includes your internal notes, tasks, Workflows, etc.
Client Experience FAQs
- What does my client see when I send a Proposal?
- What does my client see when I send a Brochure?
- What does my client see when they make a payment?
- How can I preview what my client sees before I send a file?
- My client is having trouble signing a Contract — what do I do?
- My client is having trouble submitting a payment — what do I do?
Want to learn more?
- Creating a new Project
- Creating and sending files through HoneyBook
- My client is receiving an error that their link was meant for someone else
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!