Tasks in HoneyBook are your internal to-do list, visible only to you and/or your team — but not your clients! — making them a great way to keep your Projects organized whether via desktop, or, as detailed below, via the iOS or Android app!
From both apps, you can access your full task list, enable push notifications for task reminders, as well as view and edit tasks from within individual Projects.
In this article, we'll review:
- Accessing your full task list & adding tasks
- Adding tasks from within a Project
- Adding tasks from outside of a Project
- Task Notifications and Reminders
iOS and Android: Accessing your full task list and adding tasks
From the home screen (Pipeline view) of your app, tap the Tools icon in the bottom navigation bar, then select Tasks.
This will bring you to your main task list. From here, you can:
- Filter your list based on due date or task status by tapping the large drop-down
- Sort your list by description, due date, or Project by tapping the smaller drop-down
- Edit existing tasks or check off tasks you’ve completed
You can also add a task by tapping the plus (+) button in the top right corner, entering the task details, and tapping Save.
iOS and Android: Adding tasks from within a Project
On top of viewing and adding tasks to your full task list, you can also access and add tasks from within individual Projects.
To add a task:
1. Navigate to the Project on which you'd like to view or add tasks.
- To find a Project: search via the search icon at the top of your app's Home screen (Pipeline view), or locate the Project from the Project List in your Pipeline.
2. Once in the Project, there are two ways to get to the tasks:
- The first option is in the activity feed. There you'll see tasks at the top of the feed. Even if there are no tasks in the given project, you'll see Tasks with a zero to indicate there are no tasks associated with this project.
- The second option is to tap the 3-dot icon in the top right corner. The 3-dot icon is visible from any of the tabs once inside of the project. Then tap View Project Tasks.
3. Both options will bring up the tasks for this project. From here you can:
- View tasks for the given project
- Tap the box to check off existing tasks
- Swipe to the left over a task to delete it
- Tap on the task to edit it
- Tap the + Button to add new tasks
4. Simply swipe down on the tools section or tap the project screen in the background when you're ready to be close the tasks list.
iOS and Android: Adding tasks from outside of a Project
On top of adding tasks to your full task list and adding tasks from within individual Projects, you can also add tasks straight from the Home Screen (pipeline view).
To add a task:
1. Navigate to the Home Screen (pipeline view) and locate the + Button in the top right hand corner.
2. Tab the + Button and select Task
3. Enter the Task description, Task due date, and decide if you’d like to attach the task to an existing or new project, and then tap Save.
Once you've set a task, whether it be attached to a project or not, you have the option to receive Push Notification reminders when the task's due date rolls around.
When you Enable Push Notifications for tasks, the HoneyBook App will:
- Notify you of all the tasks due that day at 9am with the timing based off of the Company's preset time zone.
- Default to send all notifications at 8am PST if your company does not have a time zone set.
- Notify all team members on the project where the task is assigned.
- Notify the creator of the task if the task is not associated with a project.
PLEASE NOTE: You can adjust your company's time zone from the Company Tab on desktop at the bottom of the page.
Want to learn more?
- iOS and Android app FAQ
- Adding a new Project or Inquiry via mobile app
- Accessing your HoneyBook calendar via mobile app
- Troubleshooting the HoneyBook app
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!