Automated payment reminder emails are a great way to make sure your clients don't forget about upcoming due dates — without you needing to remember to remind them! And even when you're gently nudging your clients to make their payments, you still want those nudges to sound like you. That's why we offer the ability to customize which automated reminders are sent and the messaging of those reminders.
The automated payment reminders that you can turn on (or off!) are:
7 days before a payment is due
Day-of the payment due date (if payment has not been made)
2 days after the payment was due (if payment has not been made)
Recurring payments / auto-pay (1 day before due date)
By default, payment reminders are all turned on, but if you'd prefer to choose when and who to remind about upcoming payments, you can easily toggle reminders off via the instructions below. Then, you can manually send any necessary payment reminders.
To customize the settings and messaging of your automated payment reminders:
1. From any page, click your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Select Company Settings from the menu.
3. Select the Preferences tab.
4. Scroll down to the Payment Reminders section.
5. Click the radio buttons to toggle your selected payment reminders ON (blue) or OFF (gray).
HoneyBook Tip: If you'd prefer to choose when and who to remind about upcoming payments rather than automating all emails, try this: toggle all reminders on, customize the text (as detailed below), then toggle the reminders off again. Then, you can send manual payment reminders when necessary, while still benefitting from the customized text!
6. When a payment reminder is turned on, you can customize the text of the email that's sent by clicking Customize.
7. From there, you can edit the subject line and message body of each reminder email.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to edit the greeting (which will automatically pull in the client's first name), or the payment details (which will automatically pull in the Project name, payment due date, and payment amount).
8. Click Save, and repeat with any additional payment reminder emails that you have turned on!
HoneyBook Tip: If you'd rather restore the default reminder messaging that HoneyBook sets, just click Reset to default message when the Customize pop-up is open.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!