You've customized your Contact Form, and now, you're ready to embed the form on your Squarespace website. You can access the Squarespace help article here or continue reading below. Before you begin, a note about working with Squarespace:
To add the HoneyBook Contact Form to your Squarespace website, you'll need a Squarespace Business plan.
If your account has a setting for Ajax Loading, you will need to disable Ajax Loading in order for the form to function — instructions on this below!
PLEASE NOTE: If your account has a a setting for Ajax Loading, disabling this setting is required. If this feature is left turned on, your form will not work and you'll miss out on leads!
To add the HoneyBook Contact Form to your Squarespace site:
1. Locate the page on which you'd like to install the form.
2. Hover over the page content, then click Edit.
3. If you have an existing form in your template, hover over the block and click the trash icon to delete it.
4. Click Edit, then the Plus (+) Button
5. Click the code option and paste the code for your HoneyBook Contact Form into the code box. Here's how to find that code in HoneyBook!
PLEASE NOTE: If you see a "script disabled" notification, simply disregard and proceed to save.
6. Click Save in the top left corner of the window to save changes. Then, just refresh the page to see your form!
Embedded content not displaying?
If you're currently logged in and editing your site, you may not be able to view your Contact Form, as embedded scripts like this are disabled while in the editing state.
As long as the code is valid, though, it should display to visitors. Once you save the page and/or publish the changes, you should be able to see your Contact Form! You can also confirm that visitors can see it by logging out of your site and visiting the page containing your form, or by opening it in an incognito window.
If you still can't see your Contact Form, there may be something incorrect in the code itself. If you think this is the case, please reach out to our support team by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page, or by emailing [email protected].
To disable Ajax Loading on your Squarespace site:
PLEASE NOTE: If you don't see this setting in your account, your website template might not be dependent on Ajax Loading. If that's the case, you shouldn't have to worry about disabling anything.
1. In the Home Menu for your site, click Design.
2. Select Site Style.
3. Scroll down to Site: Loading and make sure the Enable Ajax Loading field is unchecked.
4. Click Save.
If you'd like more info you can review the Squarespace Help Article on Ajax Loading.
Congratulations! You've installed your HoneyBook Contact Form into your Squarespace website. For more information about adding HTML to code blocks, see the Squarespace user guide.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!