You've customized your Contact Form, and now, you're ready to embed the form on your Squarespace website. Before you begin, a note about working with Squarespace:
- To add the HoneyBook Contact Form to your Squarespace website, you'll need a Squarespace Business plan.
- If your account has a setting for Ajax Loading, you will need to disable Ajax Loading in order for the form to function—instructions on this below!
PLEASE NOTE: If your account has a a setting for Ajax Loading, disabling this setting is required. If this feature is left turned on, your form will not work and you'll miss out on leads!
To add the HoneyBook Contact Form to your Squarespace site:
1. Locate the page on which you'd like to install the form.
2. Hover over the page content, then click Edit.
3. If you have an existing form in your template, hover over the block and click the trash icon to delete it.
4. Click Add Block or the Plus Button to add a new block to your page.
5. Click on the Code icon to add a code block to your page.
6. Paste your Contact Form embed code (from HoneyBook) into the code box and click Apply.
7. Click Save to save changes.
Embedded content not displaying?
If you're currently logged in and editing your site, you may not be able to view your Contact Form, as embedded scripts like this are disabled while in the editing state.
As long as the code is valid, though, it should display to visitors. Once you save the page and/or publish the changes, you should be able to see your Contact Form! You can also confirm that visitors can see it by logging out of your site and visiting the page containing your form, or by opening it in an incognito window.
If you still can't see your Contact Form, there may be something incorrect in the code itself. If you think this is the case, please reach out to our support team by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page, or by emailing [email protected].
To disable Ajax Loading on your Squarespace site:
PLEASE NOTE: If you don't see this setting in your account, your website template might not be dependent on Ajax Loading. If that's the case, you shouldn't have to worry about disabling anything.
1. In the Home Menu for your site, click Design.
2. Select Site Styles.
3. Scroll to the Enable Ajax Loading field and make sure it is unchecked.
4. Click Save.
Congratulations! You've installed your HoneyBook Contact Form into your Squarespace website.
For more information about adding HTML to code blocks, see the Squarespace user guide.
Want to learn more?
- Customizing your Contact Form
- How do I embed my form on another website?
- Using multiple Contact Forms
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!