Sometimes, a payment due date just slips a client's mind. We get it. They're human, too—but we don't want that leading to extra work for you! To make sure you get paid on time, you can use HoneyBook to send your clients quick payment reminder emails. This can be set up to occur automatically for all clients, or, if you'd rather control who gets reminders and when, you can manually send reminders instead.
PLEASE NOTE: By default, all payment reminders, except milestone based due dates, will be turned on, and will contain default email language—here's how to edit the messaging and turn them off, though. The available payment reminders include:
7 days before a payment is due
Day-of the payment due date (if payment has not been made)
2 days after the payment was due (if payment has not been made)
Recurring / autopay (1 day before due date)
PLEASE NOTE: Milestone based due dates have manual payment reminders no matter what, as the request for payment itself is manual. If you would like to send a manual payment reminder for your milestone-based due date, please follow the steps below to send a manual payment reminder.
This article references smart files, our newest file experience offering more power and customization than ever. Click here to learn more about smart files and add them to your account!
If you currently have reminders turned off but would like to send one manually, or if you'd like to send an additional reminder to a client:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the project for which you'll be sending the reminder.
You can search for a specific project via the search icon, or click the Projects tab to review your full list of projects.
2. Once you've opened your project, find the smart file containing the payment in question and click to open. You can locate the smart file from within the project's Activity or Files tabs.
3. The client progress & responses view of the smart file will open. Scroll down to the Action Summary section containing the Invoice details.
4. Find the payment in need of a reminder and click to open the payment details.
5. Under the Payment Reminder Emails section, select Send Reminder Now.
This will automatically send an email to all participants involved in the project.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to edit the text of the reminder email through this process. The email that sends will pull the payment reminder language based on when the reminder is being sent:
Sent before payment due date: Upcoming reminder
Sent on payment due date: Payment due date reminder
Sent past payment due date: Outstanding reminder
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!