We're super excited about our Brochures' new look—and for old (Legacy) Brochure Templates, you can (and should!) quickly and easily convert them into the new format.
When you convert your Brochures following the steps here, it will create a new version of the Brochure in the new format. We’ll do our best to replicate your Legacy Brochure exactly into the new format, but depending on how your original Brochures were set up, you may notice that a converted Brochure has some discrepancies, or that your client is having some trouble submitting a new Brochure you’ve sent.
We recommend that you double check the new versions to make sure they look and behave as intended. You’ll want to confirm:
- Client selection options are set up correctly (more below)
- Names of the Templates are correct
- Images appear as intended
- Text is correctly formatted
Client Selection Options
If you’ve converted any Legacy Brochures that included your services (as Packages or a la carte items), you’ll want to confirm that your selection options are set up correctly in the new Brochure, as converting the Legacy Brochures to the new format may cause the selection process to behave differently. If you have not confirmed your setup, your client may run into problems submitting the file.
In Legacy Brochures, each Section could represent a pricing Package, and your client could select one Section to select a Package. New Brochures, however, require a different setup to achieve that result, and could convert in a way that requires your client to make a selection in multiple Sections that you may not have intended.
To address this, instead of creating a Section for each Package, you’ll need to create a Services Block for each category or group of Items/Packages, then add each relevant item or Package within that block. That way, the client selection option you choose will apply to all Packages or items within that block, allowing you to decide how the client can interact with that set of items or services.
To set up a Brochure Template where your client needs to decide between Packages A, B, and C, for example, you would follow the Template creation instructions and:
1. Create a Section.
2. Add a Services Block to the Section.
3. Add Package A, Package B, and Package C to this Block (rather than dividing them into separate Sections or Blocks).
4. From the drop-down menu for the Block, decide how your client can interact with these Package options.
- For example, if you want to require them to select one Package before submitting, and also want to allow only ONE selection, you can choose Select Only One (Required).
5. Remove any extraneous Blocks or Sections that contain the Packages or Items you’ve re-included in this new Block.
- Since HoneyBook may have converted your original Sections into new Sections, you'll want to remove them to ensure that your client isn't required to select more options than you want them to.
For reference, the client selection options are:
- Choose quantity: toggle on to allow clients to select how many of an item or service they'd like
- Select multiple: allows your client to select as many options as they'd like from this block, or make no selection at all
- Select multiple (at least one required): requires your client to select at least one (or more) items or services
- Select only one: ensures your client can only choose one option
- Select only one (required): requires your client to make one selection
- No selection: client cannot click to select, as item or service within this block is required
Repeat this Sections Block process for any items or Packages that might be grouped together. For example, a catering company might create Service Block #1 that offers the various food service Packages, requiring their client to choose only one; Service Block #2 with bar service Packages, allowing them (but not requiring them) to select only one; Service Block #3 with A La Carte options, allowing the client (but not requiring them) to select multiple options and choose their quantities.
Want to learn more?
- Creating and sending a Brochure
- Creating Brochure Templates
- Your clients' experience with Brochures
- Converting your Legacy Brochures to the new format
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!