Templates are a big thing for us—mostly because they save you time and effort, which we love. As with all of our files (amongst other things!), you can create Templates for the various payment schedules that you might use.
Saving a payment Template will allow you to utilize a payment schedule and amount structure over and over, applying to any Invoice or Proposal to automatically calculate payments and due dates based on that Project's specific information.
For example: do you regularly split your Invoice totals into thirds, requiring payments on the date the Invoice is sent, a date halfway between now and the Project, and then a week after the Project is complete? Cool—save that. Or really, whatever you want!
To create a payment Template:
2. Create a payment schedule in the Payment Plan section.
3. When the plan is to your liking, click the Payment Templates menu.
4. In the Save As field, enter the name of your Template.
5. Click Save.
Now, you can apply this Template to any Invoice or Proposal moving forward!
Want to learn more?
- HoneyBook payments FAQ
- Getting paid through HoneyBook
- How do a record a payment that I received outside of HoneyBook?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!