Instead of taking the time to create a Brochure from scratch for every new Project, simply save a Template (or a few different ones!). Then, when you start a new Project, you can select your Template of choice with just a few clicks and customize as necessary.
The elements of Brochures
Your Brochures are made up of sections, and each section is made up of blocks.
Sections create the basic skeleton of your Brochure, allowing you to easily build and tailor the content within the file.
Blocks make up the actual substance of your Brochure. They can be Content blocks—which can include images, text, or combinations in various formats—or, they can be Services blocks, used to list your products or services and their prices.
- Text content in blocks can be formatted with standard options such as font, size, color, alignment, etc. by highlighting the text and making edits.
- Images can be uploaded on the fly, or selected from your Library of previously-uploaded images.
- Services can be added on the fly, selected from your list of previously-used individual items, or selected from the list of Package Templates you’ve created.
To create a Brochure Template:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Templates from the menu.
3. Select Brochure from the list of Template options on the left side of the screen.
4. From here, you can:
- Work off of the example Template provided
- Start from scratch by clicking the tab on the left side of the screen to open the File Drawer, then clicking Add Template
- Convert a Legacy Brochure to the new Brochure format, and edit from there
5. Now, you can create or adjust your Template by adding Content blocks, Services blocks, or as many additional Sections as you need.
To add Content blocks:
1. Select the formatting for the block you’d like to add—text, image, or a combination.
2. Then, you’ll be prompted to select your image and/or enter your text, based on the block type you’ve selected.
- Image content can be uploaded on the fly, or selected from your Library of previously-uploaded images.
- Text content can be formatted with standard options such as font, size, color, alignment, etc. by highlighting the text in question and making your edits.
3. You can update the background color of the block by hovering over the block and clicking the pencil icon.
4. To continue adding blocks to the section, hover over the block and click the Plus (+) button that appears at the bottom.
HoneyBook Tip: You can rearrange the order of your blocks by hovering over the block, and using the 6-dot icon on the left to drag and drop. You can also delete a block by hovering over the block and clicking the trash can icon on the right.
To add Services blocks:
1. Click the Services tab from the block selector.
2. Choose how you'd like your client to interact with these services.
- Choose quantity: toggle on to allow clients to select how many of an item or service they'd like
- Select multiple: allows your client to select as many options as they'd like, or make no selection at all
- Select multiple (at least one required): requires your client to select at least one (or more) items or services
- Select only one: ensures your client can only choose one option
- Select only one (required): requires your client to select one selection
- No selection: client cannot click to select, as item or service is required
3. Click Add New Item to start selecting services. You can:
- Select a Package Template, if you've created some (if not, here's how!)
- Choose a recently used Item
- Add a new Item by typing in an Item name, then clicking the Add (+) button
PLEASE NOTE: If you create any new items or edit pricing packages within the Brochure, these will not save to your item bank or Package Templates for future use. If you want your Package Templates to save, be sure to create them in the Templates section before building your files!
4. You can edit the details for each Item or Package, if necessary, by clicking on the field you'd like to update: name, quantity, price, tax rate, etc.
HoneyBook Tip: You can always rearrange the order of items, or remove items or packages: the 6-dot icon that appears on the left side of the Item indicates a drag-and-drop, and the trash can icon allows you to delete!
To add a new Section:
1. Click the Add Section button.
2. Click the title field of the new section to name it.
HoneyBook Tip: You can move sections around by hovering over the section in the Section List, and using the 6-dot icon to drag and drop. You can also delete a section by hovering over it and clicking the trash can icon.
3. Build the section out with the blocks you need, per the instructions above!
All changes will save automatically, so you're good to go whenever you're finished with your edits—and you can now use your Template whenever you're sending a Brochure!
Want to learn more?
- Creating and sending a Brochure
- Transitioning to the new HoneyBook Brochures
- What does my client see when I send a Brochure?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!