Proposals are your one-stop shop for booking a client. Instead of getting caught in a tornado of oh-so-many different files, sending a Proposal—a file that combines an Invoice and a Contract—expedites your booking process and allows your client to quickly review, pay, and sign. All from one document.
There are several elements involved in creating a Proposal, including:
- Creating Proposal Templates in advance, to save yourself time and effort.
- Creating the Project that requires an Invoice.
- Customizing the file's header to fit your brand.
- Adding package Templates or individual items for which you'll be billing.
- Creating and editing the payment schedule.
- Adding your Contract language.
- Personalizing the email that you send with the file.
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
To create and send a Proposal:
1. Find or create the Project that requires a Proposal, as Proposals (like all files) need to be associated with an existing Project.
- Find a Project: search via the search icon in the top left corner of your Home page, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
- Create a Project: learn how here.
2. Once in the Project's workspace, click the New File button.
3. Select Proposal from the file menu.
4. Choose to start with a blank Proposal, a recently used Proposal, or a Proposal Template.
5. Now, you can customize your file header—here's how to edit the file name, background image, and more.
6. In the Items and Scheduled Payment sections, you'll create the Invoice portion of your Proposal. See Creating and sending an Invoice for more info.
8. In the Contract section, customize your service agreement. See Creating and sending a Contract for more info.
- HoneyBook Tip: HoneyBook Contracts are legally binding, so make sure to clearly include all relevant service information here.
7. Click the Client View button in the top right corner to preview what your client will see, or just click Next: Review Email to proceed.
8. Review your email subject line and body, and make any edits you'd like. Learn more about editing your emails here.
9. Click Send! HoneyBook will send the email and Proposal right to your client.
PLEASE NOTE: If you've added multiple participants to your Project but you only need to send the Proposal to one (or a certain subset of the participants), you can create a related Workspace within your Project to do so!
Want to learn more?
- Video Tutorial: Adding dynamic Contract Fields to a Proposal
- HoneyBook file types
- What does my client see when I send a file?
- Getting paid through HoneyBook
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!