Brochures in HoneyBook allow you to promote your brand and showcase your services in a beautifully designed file that fits right in with your company's aesthetic. When your potential client receives a Brochure, they'll be able to select a package or service that they're interested in, after which HoneyBook will automatically draft a Proposal for you based on their selection(s).
Have a client who's having trouble submitting their selections from your Brochure? Double check how your client selection options are set up—check out more here!
There are several elements involved in creating a Brochure, including:
- Adding Content Blocks
- Adding Services Blocks
- Adding new Sections
Creating your Project and file
1. Find or create the Project that requires a Brochure, as all files need to be associated with an existing Project.
- Find a Project: search via the search icon in the top left corner of your Home page, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
- Create a Project: learn how here.
2. Once in the Project's workspace, click the New File button.
3. Select Brochure from the file menu.
4. Choose to start with a blank Brochure, a recently used Brochure, or a Brochure Template.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have been using HoneyBook's Legacy Brochures, you will see these listed as options under Legacy. To create a Brochure with the new formatting, either begin with a blank Brochure, or select a recent or Template Brochure that is not listed under Legacy.
5. Once you’ve selected how you want to begin, your file will open and you can begin to customize!
Customizing your Brochure
Your Brochures are made up of Sections, and each Section is made up of Blocks.
Sections create the basic skeleton of your Brochure, allowing you to easily build and tailor the content within the file.
Blocks make up the actual substance of your Brochure. They can be Content Blocks—which can include images, text, or combinations in various formats—or, they can be Services Blocks, used to list your products or services and their prices.
- Text content in Blocks can be formatted with standard options such as font, size, color, alignment, etc. by highlighting the text and making edits.
- Images can be uploaded on the fly, or selected from your Library of previously-uploaded images.
- Services can be added on the fly, selected from your list of previously-used individual items, or selected from the list of Package Templates you’ve created.
To add Content Blocks:
1. Select the formatting for the Block you’d like to add—text, image, or a combination.
2. Then, you’ll be prompted to select your image and/or enter your text, based on the Block type you’ve selected.
- Image content can be uploaded on the fly, or selected from your Library of previously-uploaded images.
- Text content can be formatted with standard options such as font, size, color, alignment, etc. by highlighting the text in question and making your edits.
3. You can update the background color of the Block by hovering over the Block and clicking the pencil icon.
4. To continue adding Blocks to the Section, hover over the Block and click the Plus (+) button that appears at the bottom.
HoneyBook Tip: You can rearrange the order of your Blocks by hovering over the Block, and using the 6-dot icon on the left to drag and drop. You can also delete a Block by hovering over the Block and clicking the trash can icon on the right.
To add Services Blocks:
1. Click the Services tab from the Block selector.
2. Choose how you'd like your client to interact with these services.
- Choose quantity: toggle on to allow clients to select how many of an item or service they'd like
- Select multiple: allows your client to select as many options as they'd like, or make no selection at all
- Select multiple (at least one required): requires your client to select at least one (or more) items or services
- Select only one: ensures your client can only choose one option
- Select only one (required): requires your client to select one selection
- No selection: client cannot click to select, as item or service is required
3. Click Add New Item to start selecting services. You can:
- Select a Package Template, if you've created some (if not, here's how!)
- Choose a recently used Item
- Add a new Item by typing in an Item name, then clicking the Add (+) button
PLEASE NOTE: If you create any new items or edit pricing packages within the Brochure, these will not save to your item bank or Package Templates for future use. If you want your Package Templates to save, be sure to create them in the Templates section before building your files!
4. You can edit the details for each Item or Package, if necessary, by clicking on the field you'd like to update: name, quantity, price, tax rate, etc.
HoneyBook Tip: You can always rearrange the order of items, or remove items or packages: the 6-dot icon that appears on the left side of the Item indicates a drag-and-drop, and the trash can icon allows you to delete!
To add a new Section:
1. Click the Add Section button.
2. Click the title field of the new Section to name it.
HoneyBook Tip: You can move Sections around by hovering over the Section in the Section List, and using the 6-dot icon to drag and drop. You can also delete a section by hovering over it and clicking the trash can icon.
3. Build the Section out with the Blocks you need, per the instructions above!
Reviewing & sending your Brochure
1. If you'd like to allow your client to add questions or comments to their submission, click the file drawer tab, and check Client can submit questions or comments under the Options section.
2. If you’d like to review what your client will see when you send the Brochure, click the Client View button.
3. When your Brochure is ready to send, click Next: Review Email.
4. Review your email subject line and body, add recipients if necessary, and make any edits you'd like. Learn more about editing your emails here.
5. Click Send! HoneyBook will send the email and Brochure right to your client.
Once your client receives the file and makes their selections (if applicable), they’ll be able to click Submit.
Then, both you and your client will receive a summary in the Activity Feed of your Project workspace, summarizing the Brochure selections.
PLEASE NOTE: If you've added multiple participants to your Project but you only need to send the Brochure to one (or a certain subset of the participants), you can create a related Workspace within your Project to do so!
Have a client who's having trouble submitting a Brochure? Double check how your client selection options are set up—check out more here!
Want to learn more?
- Creating Brochure Templates
- You clients' experience with Brochures
- Converting your Legacy Brochures to the new format
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!