Between an inbox full of emails, client appointments, meetings, phone calls, and events throughout the week, we know it can be a challenge to find time for important tasks—like removing old files from your pipeline!
That's why you have the option to set your Invoices, Contracts, and Proposals to expire automatically, helping to ensure clients attend to their files in a timely manner. You can choose a standard expiration setting for all files within your Company Preferences, or update the file expiration date from within individual files.
PLEASE NOTE: When you expire an Invoice or Proposal, your clients will not be charged for any future payments or get any further payment reminders for that file.
To set a standard auto-expiration from your Company Settings:
1. From any page, click your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Select Company Settings from the menu.
3. Select the Preferences tab.
4. In the Actions section, toggle Expire Proposals and Invoices __ Weeks After Sending Them on or off.
- To edit the amount of time between sending and expiration, click the pencil icon and select your timing of choice from the drop-down menu.
HoneyBook Tip: Auto-expiration not your thing for every single Proposal or Invoice? Not to worry! Toggle the auto-expiration off and set expiration on a file-by-file basis, as detailed below, or expire files manually.
To customize auto-expiration on an individual Invoice, Contract, or Proposal:
1. Create your file, or navigate to an existing file within a Project.
- You can search for a specific Project via the search icon, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
2. From within your file, click the Gear icon in the top right corner of your screen to open the File Drawer.
3. Make sure you're in the Options tab of the File Drawer.
4. In the File Expiration section, toggle the file expiration on.
5. Select when you would like the file to expire from the drop-down menu.
6. Confirm your updates.
Want to learn more?
- Manually expiring a file
- Creating and sending files in HoneyBook
- Resending a file to your client
- Why has the link to access a file expired?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!