While the easiest way to get paid is directly through HoneyBook (hello, direct deposits!), sometimes clients need to pay via cash or check. Fortunately, it's easy to record those payments in HoneyBook as well.
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
To manually mark a payment as paid:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the Project for which you'll be adjusting the payment.
- You can search for a specific Project via the search icon, or click the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
2. Once you've opened your Project, click the Files tab.
3. Locate the Invoice or Proposal you'll be editing, and click to open.
4. In the Scheduled Payment section, click the 3-dot icon next to the payment you'd like to edit.
5. Select Mark as Paid.
6. Select the method and date of the payment, then click Mark as Paid.
The status of the payment will now adjust to Paid! All manual payments will also be tracked in your Reports.
If you don't see the option to Mark as Paid, check out this article for more info.
PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, you are not able to mark a payment as paid on Invoices or Proposals that have recurring payments set up.
Want to learn more?
- HoneyBook payments FAQ
- Getting paid through HoneyBook
- Reversing a payment you manually marked as paid
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!