The time tracker tool is a great way to keep tabs on where your time is going–design, brainstorming, coffee with clients—especially for elements of a Project that aren't specifically detailed in an Invoice that you've sent. You can also take any of the time you track and drop it right into a new Invoice, so you never lose a billable minute!
To use the time tracker:
1. Find or create the Project that you'll be tracking time for.
- Find a Project: search via the search icon in the top left corner of your Home page, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
- Create a Project: learn how here.
2. Once in the Project's workspace, click Time Tracker in the Project Options tool bar.
3. Click Log New.
4. Enter the details for the time entry, including:
- Type of work completed
- Number of hours
- Hourly rate
- Date completed
5. Click Save Entry.
Your tracked hours will accumulate in the time tracker section of your Project, automatically calculating the total billable amount so you can easily see how many additional hours you need to account for, and send an Invoice if you need.
To create an Invoice specific to your time tracker hours:
1. From the Time Tracker section, click Create Invoice.
2. Check the boxes for the tracked entries you'd like to include in the Invoice.
3. Click Next.
4. This will automatically create an Invoice for you, containing the billable hours you selected. You can then customize the Invoice however else you'd like, and send it off.
Want to learn more?
- What your client sees when you send a file
- Your clients' payment options
- Getting paid through HoneyBook
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!