The HoneyBook Contact Form is a widget that can be installed on your company website, allowing you to pose a series of questions to potential clients and collect the information in your HoneyBook account. Incoming requests will automatically populate as Inquiries in your Project Pipeline, to ensure no lead is left behind!
Prefer a video walkthrough? We got you. Check it out here.
To customize your Contact Form:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Contact Form from the menu.
3. You can work off of the default form we provide, or create your own by clicking the tab on the left side of the screen to open your File Drawer, then selecting Add Contact Form.
4. Edit or remove the pre-populated questions by clicking on a question itself, selecting the text to edit, or clicking the trash can icon to delete.
PLEASE NOTE: Email Address and Full Name fields can be edited, but not deleted.
Some questions will note that they are connected to specific fields; when these are filled out by your leads, the answers will automatically populate into the Project Details fields of the Inquiry that gets created.
5. Add new questions by clicking a question type in the Custom Fields menu, entering your question text, and providing answer options if applicable. You can add up to 20 questions.
HoneyBook Tip: Click the 6-dot icon on a question to drag and drop, reordering your questions.
6. Click the Customize tab to:
- Change the font style & color
- Change the input field color
- Select the Inquiry recipient
- Select your Spam protection of choice
- Include a link to redirect the contact to, once the form is submitted
7. Click Preview to review how your Contact Form will appear.
8. When you're ready, click Add to Website. You'll need to copy the code provided here, and paste it into your website. You have the option to:
- Copy the code directly to your clipboard
- View the code first to confirm, and copy from there
9. Now, you can embed the code right into your website. Here's how to do that for a variety of sites.
Now that you've added the Contact Form to your website, check out Workflows to automate some processes even further!
Want to learn more?
- How many Contact Forms can I use?
- Deleting a Contact Form
- Can I use Contact Forms on different websites with different URLs?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!