Anytime a payment is made in HoneyBook, that payment information will be saved to the individual's profile so that future purchases are made easier. In the event that this credit card or bank information is no longer valid, you'll want to remove that information from your profile.
If a client reaches out to you asking how to remove payment information, you can share the link to this article with them.
Clients can also always edit a payment method (on a given payment due date) from directly inside the invoice or proposal file where the payment method is saved.
If you'd prefer a master view of all previously used and saved payment methods to remove any outdated options you can do that by:
1. From any page, click your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Select My Account from the menu.
3. Scroll to the Manage Payment Methods section at the bottom of the page.
4. Hover over the payment method you'd like to remove and click the Trash icon.
PLEASE NOTE: You will only be able to manage your own payment methods here. You will not be able to do this on behalf of your client.
5. If a payment method is currently in use for auto-pay we will let you know with a pop-up message before you delete it. If you'd still like to move forward with deleting this payment method, we recommend you set a reminder for yourself to add a new payment method on your next due date to avoid any late payments.
Want to learn more?
- Managing Client Payments
- Can my client edit their credit card for future payments?
- Turning off auto-pay on an Invoice or Proposal that's been sent
- Editing a payment schedule
- I don't see a payment in my Bank Account yet
Have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!