In order to tell the full story around your business’s financial health — and provide you with actionable business insights related to income and expenses — we now offer the ability to integrate your business-related bank and credit card accounts with HoneyBook. Why? So your business expenses can automatically sync right into your HoneyBook Bookkeeping section, which means no more manual expense-adding!
Once you connect to your relevant accounts to HoneyBook through our partner, Plaid, your expenses should automatically populate and categorize in the Expenses tab of your Bookkeeping section. From then on, expenses will automatically update on a daily basis!
PLEASE NOTE: This feature is currently only available to select users.
In this article, we'll review:
Syncing your expenses to HoneyBook
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Bookkeeping from the menu.
3. Click the Expenses tab.
4. Click Import Expenses.
5. Click Add Accounts.
HoneyBook Tip: You can add as many accounts as you like, one institution at a time!
6. Select your bank or credit card institution (or use the search bar to find it).
7. Follow the steps to complete the online login for your bank.
8. If relevant, you'll be prompted to select which accounts associated with that bank you'd like to sync (for example, if your Chase login includes both a checking account and a savings account). Check the boxes for the accounts that contain business-related income or expenses.
9. Now, your first account will begin to sync with HoneyBook! You can choose to Add Another Account from here, or select No Thanks, I'm Done if you're finished for the time being.
The integration process may take a while to complete, so feel free to leave the Expenses page in the meantime. HoneyBook will send you a notification once the sync is complete.
Once your accounts are synced, your expenses will automatically update in this tab every day! You can filter your list of expenses by selecting a date range from the drop-down menu, and/or click a column header to sort the list you're viewing by a particular field.
You can even associate expenses with a particular HoneyBook Project — just click the Project field for the expense you'd like to tag, and search for/select the relevant Project! Then, when you click the Project column header to sort, your expenses list can be grouped by Project name as well.
Finally, any expenses tracked here will help you get a full breakdown of your net profit and loss, which you can see in your Profit & Loss tab. This tab is great place to keep a pulse on how your business is doing, as you can see both your total income and your expenses (as reflected in the Total Expenses field) to calculate your net profit or loss.
Managing your synced accounts
To add or remove bank and credit card accounts, click the Finances tab in your Bookkeeping section.
Here, you’ll see all accounts that are currently synced.
To remove an account, click the trash can icon that appears when you hover over an account.
To add an account, click + Add Another Account at the bottom of your account list.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!