Once you’ve created and customized a gift card (or several!) in HoneyBook, you’ll want to share it far and wide! Luckily, you don't need any special tools or platforms in order to share — all you need to do is copy the link we provide (or download your gift card image!), and post or share it wherever your potential clients are most likely to see it! (Need some tips on how to talk about your new gift cards? Check this out!)
Your Gift Card Direct Link leads directly to your gift card flow, with no embedding required at all. Once you distribute the link, anyone who clicks will simply pop open a new tab in their browser, immediately displaying your fully-customized gift card flow. Then, they can fill in their answers, select a gift card amount (if you have that setting turned on) and complete their purchase.
In this article, we'll review:
Sharing your gift card link
First, just copy the direct link for the gift card you'd like to share! To find the direct link:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Gift Cards from the menu.
3. Make sure you're in the editor screen for the gift card flow you'd like to share. If not, select the Gift Card icon from your sidebar and find your gift card flow of choice.
4. Once you're looking at the correct flow, select the Menu icon to slide open your sidebar.
5. Under Get a Direct Link, click the Copy icon to copy the link to your clipboard (then distribute using some of the ideas below!), or the Open Link icon to open a new tab containing your form.
Once you have the URL copied, the sky's the limit! You can include a link to your gift card in whatever avenues you use to interact with clients.
Here are a few ways our members successfully share their Gift Card Links:=
- Have a website? Just use a simple button or another hyperlink to direct leads to your gift card.
- Got a big following on Facebook? Share the link on your Facebook Business page or in a post!
- Maybe you’re an Instagram star? Link in bio with Linktree!
- Big fan of digital marketing materials? Throw it in those!
- And, since emails are a forever favorite, you can always link to your gift card in marketing sends, in your email signature, and more. We've even created some example email language to get you started.
You can also download the image of your gift card to share alongside the link! Just click Publish > Download shareable image.
Done promoting a particular gift card and don't want it to be visible to clients anymore? No prob! Here's how to deactivate an offer to ensure your clients can no longer purchase the gift card — even if they already have the link.
Tracking the status of the gift cards you've shared
You will, of course, be alerted via email and in-app notification when someone expresses interest in purchasing a gift card and when they complete the purchase; however, if you'd like to see a full list of gift card-related contacts in the meantime, you can do that as well!
At the moment, you can track anyone who has expressed interest in purchasing a gift card (completed Steps 1-4 of the client experience — categorized as a Gift Card Lead), anyone who has completed a gift card purchase (Gift Card Purchased), and anyone who has redeemed their gift card (Gift Card Redeemed) — all through your HoneyBook Contacts tab!
Simply click the Filters button, and select one of the gift card filters to see contacts for your group of choice. You can click Show More on any contact to see more about the associated gift card!
Want to learn more?
- Understanding & creating gift cards in HoneyBook
- Your clients' experience buying and redeeming gift cards
- Understanding gift card regulations, and creating your terms & conditions
- Promoting gift cards to your clients — some example language!
- Deactivating a gift card
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!