While we’re thrilled clients are rescheduling instead of canceling, we know that rescheduling can be a cumbersome process.
To help, we've put together a list of the tools in HoneyBook that will be most useful when managing your rescheduled Projects, detailed below — as well as a step-by-step guide to make sure the important Project details are accounted for when things move around.
HoneyBook tools to use during the rescheduling process:
- The scheduling tool to easily set up calls with your clients
- A video chat option via the HoneyBook mobile app, to get in touch with your clients in a more personal way
- Related Workspaces within a Project to manage communication with other vendors
- Questionnaires to easily collect necessary info from clients or other vendors
- HoneyBook's COVID-19 Toolkit to find resources & take quick action on affected Projects
HoneyBook tools to use once you've rescheduled:
- A step-by-step Project rescheduling guide to make sure no payments or contracts fall through the cracks
- Brochures to restructure your offerings if things have changed for your client: think upselling or cross-selling other services
- A task list to keep you organized
Scheduling tool to manage your calendar
In the course of rescheduling, you may need to find some time to connect with your client, or fellow vendors, to make sure everyone's in sync on the new details of your Project. To help with that, you can use HoneyBook’s scheduling tool to set aside blocks of time for calls and meetings.
For example, maybe you'd like to designate Mondays — Thursdays between 9am and 11am as your time to take these calls. Simply create a Session Type to that suits the needs of the meeting (or use an existing Session Type that applies, like a check-in call), then share the new Session Link with your clients and their vendors.
When they open the link, they'll see a calendar that takes into account both the predetermined hours you defined when creating the Session Type, as well as events that are already booked in your calendar. That way, your client (or other vendors) will be able to simply pick a meeting time that works for them from your real-time availability!
- HoneyBook Tip: Depending on the types of Projects you manage, you may even be able to use the scheduling tool to help reschedule the Projects themselves! Just create a new Session Type for reschedules, and set your availability to allow clients to review and select a new date for their Project.
Video chat, call, or text via the HoneyBook mobile app
In these difficult times, it’s more important than ever to stay close to your clients... and sometimes a video chat or call just makes communication that much easier. So, don't waste time switching between apps or searching for a contact — start that call or FaceTime meeting with just a few taps using HoneyBook's mobile app.
From within a Project, you can find your clients' info under the Details tab, then tap the icon for the client you need to call. Then, if you've saved a phone number for the contact, tapping the number will give you the option to FaceTime, call, or text!
Create related Workspaces within a Project
Chances are, your clients will want to rebook all of the same vendors. Luckily, you can work together with those other vendors in HoneyBook to figure out a new date that works for all of you.
How? Add a related Workspace within a client's Project. This will open a private space where you can easily discuss adjustments with other vendors. Just add the vendors as participants, and send a message through the Activity Feed; that way, this relevant conversation stays organized under the original Project while keeping communication private between you and the vendor(s) you added as participants.
Send a Questionnaire
Need to work with your client's other vendors to reschedule, but don’t have their contact info yet? Or maybe you just need some follow-up info from clients to help lock down your new Project date or other details?
Send a Questionnaire to your clients to quickly collect the info you need. You can create these Questionnaires individually to send as one-offs, or if you're asking a similar set of questions to every client, create a Questionnaire Template to save you time as you proactively initiate the conversation with your clients and other vendors.
- HoneyBook Tip: If you already have the relevant contact info, take the initiative to bring people together — reach out to the other vendors yourself to try and get everyone to connect. Your client will thank you for doing that legwork (and be extra excited to work with you later)!
Lean on HoneyBook's COVID-19 Toolkit
Our COVID-19 Toolkit was built to help you proactively manage the effects of the Coronavirus outbreak on your business. Through it, you can find a variety of resources that offer advice and help you manage your business as the impacts of the virus continue — including allowing you to take quick action on at-risk Projects.
Review how to reschedule Projects in HoneyBook
Once your new date is locked in (or even if the new date is TBD, but you know it'll happen!), make sure to follow the steps in our Help Center article that walk you through adjusting your Project details, updating your payment schedule, and sending an updated Contract or Rescheduling Amendment to your client.
Send a Brochure with restructured offerings
In a perfect world, everything about the Project will stay the same except for the date; but if your client downsizes their Project or event, you may want to outline some restructured offerings for them to help make up the difference of the original quote.
How? Just put together a Brochure with services that they can add on, such as albums or extra day-of services, to add value and magic for them (and you!). You can share this new Brochure with the existing clients that need to reschedule, as well as new ones in the future!
Create a task list
Now more than ever, there are a million things to keep track of, and it can be easy to get distracted as new things pop up at work or at home. Fortunately, your task list makes it easy to stay organized (and sane).
Make sure you write down what you need to do for individual Projects, and generally for your business. Simply add your task and set a due date in HoneyBook — we’ll update you on the tasks you have each day.
Not by your computer? It’s easy to add and cross off tasks from the mobile app, too!
Want to learn more?
- Coronavirus & your business
- What to do when a client cancels
- 18 steps to prepare your business for coronavirus
- Webinar: Experts weigh in on coronavirus & small businesses
- Updating your Contracts to prepare your business for anything
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!