The HoneyBook Brochure file goes beyond the standard, static brochures that you know. With the ability to add things like images, text, questions for your clients, and services for them to choose from, it’s flexible enough to become any number of documents that you need it to be — including a proofing document that you can send to your clients for their comments and approval!
Before you get going, make sure you understand the elements of Brochure files and how to put them together. Then, you can mix and match those elements — using the suggestions below as a starting point — to build out Templates for your proofing docs (in your Brochure Templates section), or simply create them on the fly within a Project!
While everyone’s proofing process & documents will be a little different, here’s an example of how to build a proofing document using a Brochure file.
To build a proofing document from a Brochure file:
2. Use a Content Block to insert an image (or a few!) of the documents to proof. Use the variety of content formatting options to create a layout you like!
- HoneyBook Tip: If you’ve created images of your proofs in a platform that allows you to build custom layouts (or you have access to another editing platform like Photoshop, Sketch, Canva, etc.), feel free to create the layout of your dreams there—or build any other elements that you need, like color palettes, mockups, etc.—then export the images as PDFs, JPGs, or PNGs! You can upload those images right into your Brochure file as Content Blocks. A few helpful Content Block options:
- Cover image: a full-width image that can be resized to fit almost any dimensions — everything from a full-page PDF, to a wide and narrow color palette!
- Text on image: same ability to upload any size image/file, but with the added option to overlay text on the image.
- Left-aligned image: creates a two-column effect, with a square image on the left and a field for text (with customizable fonts, colors, sizes, etc) on the right.
- Two images: another two-column option, allowing side-by-side images!
3. Use Question Blocks to have your client answer questions, add comments, and/or virtually sign off on the proofs. Some Custom Question types that might be helpful:
- Long text: request additional feedback/comments
- Multiple choice: list out elements of the proof that your client needs to verify (i.e. event information is accurate, correct colors used, design elements are approved, etc.) so client can check boxes to confirm they’ve reviewed each element
- Single choice: ask your client to check a box indicating whether they do or do not approve the proofs
- Short text: have your client type their name to indicate final approval
- HoneyBook Tip: Remember to click the Gear icon to adjust the settings for each question — that’s where you can toggle whether the client is required to answer!
4. If you have multiple elements for which you need approval, just repeat the process with additional images! Add another image in a Content Block, then another question/set of questions below.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!