Growing Your Business, Lesson 3: Contact Forms & Automations to Scale
Section 5: Applying or automating Workflows
Now that you’ve created some Workflows, you can apply them in a two ways: you can have them trigger automatically, by attaching them to a Contact Form (ensuring that anyone who submits a form receives an email, file, etc); or, you can apply them manually to individual Projects.
In this section, we’ll review:
Using Workflows to automate Contact Form responses
With your Workflow(s) all set up, you can quickly attach them to your Contact Form to ensure that incoming inquiries will automatically receive the reply of your choice. Even better? You can assign different Workflows based on the Project Type that your client selects when they fill out your Contact Form.
For example, a Corporate Event inquiry could trigger a Corporate Event Workflow, while a Birthday Party might trigger an entirely different Workflow—which means tailored responses for your clients and less work for you!
To assign specific Workflows to your Contact Form:
1. Create your Contact Form, as detailed in Section 2 of this lesson, making sure that you require the client to select their Project Type.
2. Find the appropriate Workflow in your list of Workflow Templates.
3. In the Automate via Contact Form drop-down, choose which Project Type selection will trigger this Workflow.
HoneyBook Tip: When you select the Default for Contact Form option, any Contact Form inquiries that do not have a specific Workflow assigned (via Project Type) will receive the Default Workflow. Or, you can simply select the Default option, while leaving all other Project Types unchecked, to make sure that the Workflow selected is the only one triggered by any Contact Form submission!
Applying Workflows to individual Projects
Workflows can also be triggered manually by adding them to individual Projects! Then, only the Projects you apply the Workflow to will receive that particular set of Actions.
To apply a Workflow to a Project:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, navigate to the Project to which you'll be applying a Workflow.
- You can search for a specific Project via the search icon, or select the Projects tab to review your full list of Projects.
2. In the right-side Project Options tool bar, select Workflow.
3. This will open your list of Workflow Templates. Click Apply on the appropriate Workflow.
4. If you'd like, you can edit the Workflow Template for this specific Project by adjusting the email messages that are sent, or deleting steps in the Workflow—these edits will ONLY apply to the Workflow as it stands within this individual Project. Otherwise, you're good to go; the Workflow will be automatically applied!
In the next section, More Automations, we’ll talk about the other automations that HoneyBook offers to save you even more time!
Have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!