Growing Your Business, Lesson 1: Setting Up for Business Growth
Section 4: Uploading your branding & assets
Your brand is who you are—it's the heart and soul of your business. Uploading your company's images and assets into HoneyBook ensures that all communication going out of the platform looks like your company and aligns with your brand, and the clients receiving your files and emails will feel the continuity!
In this section, we'll review:
Uploading your logos
To upload your branding:
1. From any page, click your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Select Company Settings from the menu.
3. From your Company Settings, select the Company Brand tab.
4. In the Brand Elements section, upload your logo by clicking on the Main Logo and/or Secondary Logo field. Images should be in PNG, JPG, or GIF format.
Main logo: featured on the image banner at the top of Brochures, Proposals, Contracts, and Invoices. The ideal image size is 100 x 100 px.
Secondary logo: featured in the header of your Contracts. The ideal image size is 300 x 100 px.
5. Select your brand color by clicking Main Button Color—you can select from the color chart, or type in your hex code. Click Choose when you're ready.
Button color will show on any client-facing buttons in files or emails.
HoneyBook Tip: When selecting a brand color, be sure that this color easily visible to your clients. Lighter colors may not stand out enough!.
6. Select a default header image for your Projects and files.
The ideal image size is 750 x 300 px.
You can choose to upload a new image, or select from any images you've already added to your Image & File Library (more on that below!).
Headers will default to this image when you create new Projects or files, but you can always change them.
HoneyBook Tip: Check out the Preview on the right to see how everything will come together!
Uploading images and files to your Library
We know. You're busy. There's no time to be searching through folders on your computer to find that one image or file you need.
That's why we offer a photo and file gallery called the Library. You can upload images, PDFs, and other file file types to quickly insert into your HoneyBook emails again and again.
PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, the maximum file size for uploads is 15MB.
To upload images and files to your Library:
1. From your HoneyBook home page, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Library from the menu.
3. Click Upload.
4. Follow the onscreen prompts to locate and upload the images or files you'll be importing.
HoneyBook Tip: Ideal image dimensions will vary based on how you're intending to use them. For best results, follow the guidelines below.
5. Once the files have uploaded successfully, they'll be visible in the My Images or My Files, depending on the file type.
Now, you'll be able to easily select images and files from your Library any time you're adjusting the imagery in a file or adding an attachment to an email with a client!
If you ever need to delete, re-download, or set an image as your default, simply hover over the image in your Library and select the trash can, down arrow, or star icon respectively.
In the next section, Customizing Lead Sources & Project Types, we'll learn how to personalize your Project types and lead sources to make sure they suit your business!
Have questions? Feel free to send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon on any HoneyBook page. Our team is always happy to help!